Looking someone who knows twin turbo legacys well

As above looking someone to work on my car who knows what their at. Rang Ali Burrows but he passed saying it was over 3 years since he done one and didn't have the time. Preferably in the north.

Cel coming on from 3500 to 4300 ish code 65 differential pressure sensor

Low boost on secondary and intermittent code 66 twice if that makes. Changed dps and no difference. Did have code 45 but cleaned out vacuum lines, intercooler and all the solenoids and got rid of that

Re: Re: Looking someone who knows twin turbo legacys well

[quote author=william davidson link=topic=41984.msg1#msg1 date=1402947581]
Cel coming on from 3500 to 4300 ish code 65 differential pressure sensor

Low boost on secondary and intermittent code 66 twice if that makes. Changed dps and no difference. Did have code 45 but cleaned out vacuum lines, intercooler and all the solenoids and got rid of that
[/quote]

need take live voltage readings from dps. doubt was/is that.

basically need to go through the whole system.

prob i find is that when someone has a problem with one they are unable to leave it with you and dont realise that you could be 2 hrs at it or 10 hrs.

Well it needs to be done by Thursday and I would be happy to rock up with a picnic, 20 smokes and a comfy chair to get the day through but it would have to be tomorrow or wed

Pref tomorrow

[quote author=william davidson link=topic=41984.msg1#msg1 date=1402953161]
Well it needs to be done by Thursday and I would be happy to rock up with a picnic, 20 smokes and a comfy chair to get the day through but it would have to be tomorrow or wed

Pref tomorrow
[/quote]

thats not how you approach diagnostic work.

Re: Re: Re: Looking someone who knows twin turbo legacys well

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=41984.msg1#msg1 date=1402953901]
[quote author=william davidson link=topic=41984.msg1#msg1 date=1402953161]

Pref tomorrow
[/quote]

[/quote]

thats not how you approach diagnostic work.

[quote author=william davidson link=topic=41984.msg1#msg1 date=1402954390]
It's booked in for a map with brd for the past 3 months and I'm coming down from outside Belfast
[/quote]

i appreciate that. but cant blame that on people where at 10pm at night say i be down in the morning.

a diagnostic job like thats gets left for a week.

and get a couple of hours at it. then rethink and go back at a different area next day etc.

as said your approach is wrong imo as your angle as if was a service etc where looking to get a timing belt and a set of plugs and say i will hang around for few hours.

on your car i have no idea whats going until seen. could be absolutely anything. could require a part for example thats not on site etc???

what then? drive to cork and do an all nighter?

I appreciate that also but my mechanic who is normally spot on has let me down (prob occurred after heads being rebuilt) and have been trying to get this sorted during this past 3 weeks but may as well headbutt a wall.

If you could take an hour or 2 to look at it I would really appreciate it, and I'm sure you probably are to busy to fit me in given the generous time scale of notification but I'm desperate enough to drive over 100 miles to see if someone could have a look over my car in the hope that I could even get pointed in the right direction.

[quote author=william davidson link=topic=41984.msg1#msg1 date=1402959401]
I appreciate that also but my mechanic who is normally spot on has let me down (prob occurred after heads being rebuilt) and have been trying to get this sorted during this past 3 weeks but may as well headbutt a wall.

If you could take an hour or 2 to look at it I would really appreciate it, and I'm sure you probably are to busy to fit me in given the generous time scale of notification but I'm desperate enough to drive over 100 miles to see if someone could have a look over my car in the hope that I could even get pointed in the right direction.
[/quote]

i have no issue helping anyone i can out. but no way could i take a look in them conditions. Its absolutely pointless.

Why? Because lets take scenario.

2 hrs and have not got to bottom of it?

I would be classed as unable to find the issue? But thats not the case. It was because was not allowed enough time.

Sorry would have no interest getting involved unless was as terms above.

[quote author=william davidson link=topic=41984.msg1#msg1 date=1402960467]
I still may contact you next week then if I can't get it sorted.

Just don't know what I'm going to do in the meantime
[/quote]

No probs at all.

Back