importing

I have been in contact with the seller abd there's a 10% discount on the car price snd told me the shipping and cost of car would be 4900 dollars, about 3600 euros

10% customs 360

vat 23% 828

customs broker 120

shipping agent fee here 110

thats 5020 to dublin.

and im probably missing few more fees along way.

then vrt. not sure latest.

Not that nice a type r.

V6 front splitter missing... High mileage 187k kilometers.. And wrong rear seats.

Not the greatest looking car in fairness to be going to the trouble of importing from Japan. Cheap for a reason.

VRT is 866.

So be approx area 6k vrt'd.

back seats from a non turbo. so would say with look of rear cage seats were removed and its an ex track car.

so with that huge chances of future engine or gearbox issues etc.

And that is why I was asking, such a wealth of knowledge in this club to guide a rookie like me along. Thanks for the replies I guess the moral of the story is " if something looks too good to be true, it probably is"

I never new that

Every day is a learning day around here

Cheers B

I bought two cars from it now i find it very good just make sure u use pay trade ( its like pay pal ) for any purchase you make to a dealer ,and keep all your chat , private message to the dealers on trade View and not via email ( for come back on the car in case you need to ) ask loads of Q's about the car to dealer via tradeview message survice exp car grade .

If ya need any more info drop me a line :thumbsup:

I brought my car in from japan using tradeview.

Do your research and work out the REAL figures and you won't be saving anything on Subarus at least.

It's handy for finding a rare one but for any car available here or in the UK there's no point.

A lot of risk for no reward.

People need to bare in mind aswell that you get a mint grade 4.5 type r from Japan, and let it cost you 11k here and vrt'd..
You still can get a car that has a notchy gearbox up in the revs, you still are essentially buying an engine without hearing it, clutch could be near gone and you have no way of knowing.... when you get it you will have to go and do a full over haul service wise, and timing belt wise etc etc, and god knows what tyres it will arrive wearing so your 11k car won't be long going up in price.

Back