De-Tar

This thread is years old

Say it's de tar d by now????

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've been using petrol for years and never had any issues with paint !
as long as you do one panel at a time

Detar with petrol and then rinse with warm soapy water wipe dry then wax

not for the faint hearted agreed :-----/

actually, in relation to this, i've seen a lot of people recommending petrol recently on other forums.
i think its absurd; way too harsh, makes the paint matt and used wrongly can cause big damage.

i find the autoglym one to be the best i've used so far in terms of user friendliness and effectiveness.

Like I said not for the faint hearted

I, m a professional old scool methods ;-------)

ps my paint is a highly glossy finish

Imo the best for budget is autosmart tardis and not dear either the auto glym stuff is crap when compared to the tardis

Have used most major names over the years, auto smart tar dis is by far the best and easiest to use! Spray on and let it dwell then rinse off and it'll get rid of most of the tar. For stubborn stuff spray on and rub with microfiber cloth and you're done!!
Then a good wash, clay, Polish and wax and you've paint you can see yourself in

lol I've tried it 2 weeks ago I had this paint mark left on my bumper, it happened as I was reversing slowly and never looked behind properly and the next thing I know I have sc***** a black lamp post, my old man saw it on FaceTime and he advised me to use break fluid I was like are you for real that's the deal homie, and my dad was like you can take it to the bank. And I did what he said and what do ya know he was spot on !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol I've tried it 2 weeks ago I had this paint mark left on my bumper, it happened as I was reversing slowly and never looked behind properly and the next thing I know I have sc***** a black lamp post, my old man saw it on FaceTime and he advised me to use break fluid I was like are you for real that's the deal homie, and my dad was like you can take it to the bank. And I did what he said and what do ya know he was spot on !!!!

Would strongly advice against using brake fluid on any automotive paint --- ever!
It might look OK now, but your paint will bladder off in a couple of weeks / months, even if you clean it right after... it's a big no-no, and probably the most destructive thing you can do to your paint short of taking a screwdriver and carving your name in the paint lol. It's so destructive that even body repair places hate working on cars that were destroyed with brake fluid as can even react with new paint, despite prep-work.

In a case like that... you can try a little WD40 if you clean it straight after with soapy water... or best is just some proper polishing compound and a polisher machine (or lots of elbow grease).

Would strongly advice against using brake fluid on any automotive paint --- ever!
It might look OK now, but your paint will bladder off in a couple of weeks / months, even if you clean it right after... it's a big no-no, and probably the most destructive thing you can do to your paint short of taking a screwdriver and carving your name in the paint lol. It's so destructive that even body repair places hate working on cars that were destroyed with brake fluid as can even react with new paint, despite prep-work.

In a case like that... you can try a little WD40 if you clean it straight after with soapy water... or best is just some proper polishing compound and a polisher machine (or lots of elbow grease).

I agree with you, but are not manufacturers producing stronger bases for the paint like here I was even researching that and I came across this Eastern European mechanic who had carried out an experiment about such a matter, see Im no expert in fairness but it was something new to me lol and you know how it is when you experience a life hack first hand lol enjoy watching the vid.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=roXZygi_Y2Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petrol or brake fluid on paint is like sticking your bell end in a blender switching it on and hoping for the best .:facepalm:

petrol or brake fluid on paint is like sticking your bell end in a blender switching it on and hoping for the best .:facepalm:

Hahahahhaha well I did it, and I'm glad it was only on a very small area and on the bumper if anything gets worse it can be replaced or painted it's good to hear different opinions and if I do notice a change or any problem with that specific area I will post it down on this thread

Back