engine trouble

gav

Sunday Drivers
could any one please help me i have a 96 jap impreza when i drive it on it back fires and misses bad and its down on power??

Could be all kinds of things from small to big issues and not possible for people to try troubleshoot this with very little info to go on via a forum.

Best thing is to contact one of the traders on here to do a proper diagnostic.

Don't "drive it on" as could end up doing a lot of (very expensive) damage.

^^ all sorted now though just to sort out map so it not happen again :)
y6ejesam.jpg

i will have to do something its fair head wrecking i hope its just something small if the car wasn't mapped for irish fuel would that cause it to miss when i first start it when it warms up its ok but when i drive it on it misses bad enough i changed the plugs i got 1 new coil and the timing belt is just changed I'm just at a loss with it now

If it's capable of ticking over correct at some point then I wouldn't think it's anything mechanical like piston, valve etc etc.

It will take a bit of digging to get to the bottom of the problem and if your not very handy at cars you will just have to look at getting someone else to do it for you.

Did this just all happen 1 day all of a sudden?
Had you done anything on the car prior to it ? Anything? Serviced it change plugs etc etc

i got it sorted i changed the plugs and another coil and the air flow meter thanks for all yer help :thumbsup:

they looked all fine but i'd say they were sh*t plug,s and i got them new and all

Maybe they were gapped all wrong. It's a relief when you can fix it for a small few quid ain't it :)

Back