problem with engine

waynej wrx

hi all have a problem with my 00 wrx when it hits 3000rpm it just dies. got the air flow changed and all the wires where checked. was just wondering did anyone else have a problem or hear of this before? thanks

Could be couple of different things so bit more info would help...

- history (when did this start, what was it like before, anything changed before problem, etc)
- full drop of power or just significantly down on power - does it run when revs drop or dead?
- mapped or not?
- any warning lights?
- tried a code reader for CELs?
- any difference if a load on the engine or just rev it up when in neutral?
- boost pressure just before cut and @ cut

couple of options that come to mind with current info:
* limp home mode
* rev limiter set @3k (if mapped like)
* bad coilpacks
* over-boosting and ecu safeties kicking in

only bought the car. the engine managment light is on. was going to drop it over to a guy i heard of sti tuining would that be rite?? thank you for your reply

As Keadeen said , it could be a number of probs ,
normally it's something small , your engine is cutting power because
it reads a fault somewhere .

Get on to Dave in STI Tunning now called RSR Automtive , he's in the trader section below.

He'll sort it for ya :thumbsup:

Niall.

Hi all new to this, so bare with me recently bought a legacy and was getting it serviced today.car was driving a1 before the service but now it's driving like a pig. Struggles past 3000rpm and only boosts to 0.5 so have it left to the mechanic.went through all the pipes and wires and can't seem to find anything loose.had the battery disconnected while doing this as we also had to put in a starter.any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance

Re: Re: problem with engine

[quote author=brians35 link=topic=41913.msg1#msg1 date=1402166339]
Hi all new to this, so bare with me recently bought a legacy and was getting it serviced today.car was driving a1 before the service but now it's driving like a pig. Struggles past 3000rpm and only boosts to 0.5 so have it left to the mechanic.went through all the pipes and wires and can't seem to find anything loose.had the battery disconnected while doing this as we also had to put in a starter.any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance
[/quote]

cant see how are service with do this.

possible they cracked one of the plugs. will break down under load.

may just be coincidence and a maf etc has failed.

could be anything really. where are you located?

The mechanic plugged it in this morning on his computer is showing up no faults.car is also running a bov would this have anything got to do with it

How did the mechanic come up with no codes if the cel is on what did he use to read the codes do you know and I highly doubt it's the bov

[quote author=Autoworks link=topic=41913.msg479811#msg479811 date=1402236807]
How did the mechanic come up with no codes if the cel is on what did he use to read the codes do you know and I highly doubt it's the bov
[/quote]

Not the correct code reader at a guess

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=41913.msg479812#msg479812 date=1402237342]
[quote author=Autoworks link=topic=41913.msg479811#msg479811 date=1402236807]
[/quote]

Not the correct code reader at a guess
[/quote]

Lol very true :wall:

Back