New Wrx Sti breaks TT record

Cronk y vody is some spot!
You can really tell the men from the boys at the right hander if you listen to the engine note!
Grand little burger van too in the field..... :thumbsup:

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=41897.msg479553#msg479553 date=1401962189]
@seanie a bike doesn't need to take the same amount of corners a car would a car weights 5-6 times the bike and only +50% on horsepower over the superbikes I think it's a serious achievement personally
[/quote]

@wagondec
It was a serious drive by mark not disputing that, but the physical work taken to wrestle a superbike around that track at those speeds takes ten times if not 100 times the effort and toll on your body than it would be in a car.
There is a picture of Michael Dunlop after the first superbike race this year with blood dripping from the palms of his hands, I'd say mark hardly broke a sweat.
On the twisty bits they can have the knee down at 160mph plus and have to wrestle the bike back up and get down again on the otherside and then back again.
I mean come on mark is nice and snug in his recaro

@Grahamo spec c-I had a microwaved bacon bap from the oul burger van! The top lads weren't backing off at all for the right hander(molyneuxs) but some of the lower riders went down one gear-still huge balls though. I was at the bottom of bray hill for wednesdays supersport race-thats a mental corner,bikes knocking sparks off the tarmac at 160+mph and almost everyone having to get their arse out of the seat to steady the bike after it-dean harrison had a huge wobble there

I thought your a bit too high up and far away from the action, some view but i thought there were better spots. Conker fields, bottom of Barregarrow and gorse lea are spots I would definitely go back to. Cronk y voddy doesn't do it for me.

Yeah I like the high speed knee on the road stuff myself.
Balla-scarey would be a nice spot to watch.

Back