New Wrx Sti breaks TT record

He was fairly moving alright but it's Mickey Mouse stuff compared to the 132mph average speed set by Bruce anstey on the super bikes.
Anyone who follows rallying like myself or f1 or moto gp etc, you have not experienced real speed or bravery until you have sat on the hedges watching the superbikes on Isle of Man. It's awesome sh*t, any other Motorsport is pedestrian in comparison to watch

That is serious going in a car let me tell you!
Nearly identical to the sidecar lap record over there.

The sheer feet to be able to rember all those bends round a lap of the course is an achievement in itself.
We all know it's not super bike fast but fair play to Mark for setting a time like that.

I'd say it will be a long time before it's beaten.

I'm not denying it is fast for a car and it was impressive to watch.
I know it's never going to be superbike fast or stocker or 600 fast, john mcguinness even went faster on an electric bike.

The organisers asked for the car to be as loud as possible, normally it's the other way around
Mark said there was more time out there, he had some scruffy corners aswell

@seanie a bike doesn't need to take the same amount of corners a car would a car weights 5-6 times the bike and only +50% on horsepower over the superbikes I think it's a serious achievement personally

The rain wouldn't do much, the bikes are still very fast in the wet.

Funny how john Mc pint asked mark when he pulled in, how fast he went?
When he told john, john said I went quicken on my mugen electric bike!
Think the are mates though :icon_biggrin:

20 mins road driving with an average speed of 116 mph is hard to comprehend , i know the bikes are on another level but for a (near factory) car to to that is pretty dam impressive in my book , as it aint no ferrari either , jus a humble 4 door family saloon !

Well done Mr higgin's and subaru .

and a very well held tank slapper from last year

he is a great driver fair play to him ,I wonder will it open the gates for other manufacturers to try it in the future

If they sponsor the event like Subaru have done maybe they will.
Be hard to find another local man other than Mark to get around the course as quick!

I was over there lads-at the end of cronk y vody and i can tell you-everyone was well impressed with marks speed,his car looked and sounded good but the course cars were far too subdued-still moving quickly though

Back