NCT Noise limit

ap993

Sunday Drivers
Hey, Had the Sti in for NCT during the week, she passed everything except noise. I have to return with it silenced. Now I knew myself it was on the loud side, it has a nur spec r exhaust and A high flow cat which I cant remember the name of. It does a lot of popping on overrun.
My question is, I have an Apexi ECV which I bought years ago for another car but didn't use it.. would this lower the noise enough to get it through, or would I need something else along with it? cheers

same as dec i put my newage wagon with a nur spec in and it failed the noise brought it back with an apexi ecv in and passed it no bother

I've a full zero/sports system with race cat and at 4000rpm it's 104db.
Passes every time in Nct.

I think you just met a Cnut of a tester!

Ya they done the test alright, as they were ages at it.. I heard one of them say 106Db while they were at it.
So the ecv should do the job?

I couldn't find a bung anywhere. If got started on installing the ecv. Where do you run the cable inside the cockpit? Can't see any gap at all

Murray Motorsport do a bung
Not sure on fitment
But might be worth checking out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD App Thingy

Ya but I have to produce my NCT within 10 days, and that was last tuesday, Met a checkpoint and there were RSA guys there too, Even though I showed the Garda the text with my NCT booking he still went ahead and told me to produce, So I need to get it in asap. Sorry I meant to say I had started work on fitting the ECV, Have the exhaust off, Just haven't a clue where to run the cable, took the plastic surround off the handbrake/gear stick, but cant see anything.
BTW cheers for the replies :thumbsup:

Switch for mine is on left hand side just beside centre consul. Am sure it comes in from engine bay.

Will try and have a look tomorrow if I think of it

What model are you driving

:smokin:

Would think there's a bung or gromitt thingy that would allow cable to be ran into engine bay and then into cabin.

What test centre you going to

thanks, I never even thought of running it through the engine bay. Test centre in Castlerea, they said I just have to bring it in anytime for them to have a listen to it.

Have to say there a shower of dicks in Castlerea. Got fed up of there sh*t and go to Carrick on Shannon all the time. A lot sounder bunch of guys up there. Never had any hassle with them with the Impreza or the brother in laws Evo.

Hey didn't want to start a new thread for just one question. I am about to change the oil of the STI, I got an oil filter in Top Part, told them it was a 06 sti, but im not sure if they gave me the right one, as when I google it, Mazda keeps popping up.
ITs a BluePrint ADM52106, could someone tell me if this is ok? plus it seemed a bit on the cheap side at 5 euro, should of done a bit of research before i went looking for one. cheers

Back