Forced to sell

Adrian Dunne

Octane Boostaholics
http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7026270
Subaru legacy twin scroll

Hi lads have my car on Donedeal if ye know anyone interested I really don't want to sell but left with no option as she lost her job while on "maternity leave" the plan was to change her car this year but I now looks like back to a one car house for a while and the cost of her in the Subaru is not making sence doing school runs,we're now looking for a crewcab jeep as I sometimes may need one for work and also can peg kids in so may look at a trade if anyone has anything.
I have spent a lot of time and money on this car lately as some of ye may know,it's had a new crank and bearings and one rod and Han timing belt done also just had full service all new front drop links ball joints and anti roll bar bushings,new battery and fully rebuilt turbo,so the car is well sorted after all this I thought I'd have this car for years but though choices had to be made"I was told":(
If anyone needs anymore info you can PM me thanks.

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=41832.msg1#msg1 date=1401229276]
Afaik it's illegal to make someone redundant while they are out on maternity leave.
[/quote]
I know and she worked for a solicitor!!!

[quote author=KENC link=topic=41832.msg1#msg1 date=1401229802]
She is fukd then.. A Soliciter isn't going to leave himself open
[/quote]
Well can't say much about it at the moment it's only been a week.

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=41832.msg478767#msg478767 date=1401229276]
Afaik it's illegal to make someone redundant while they are out on maternity leave.
[/quote]

Ya that can't be right at all. I'd be checking that one out with another solicitor. Shocking thing to do to someone.

[quote author=gerry link=topic=41832.msg1#msg1 date=1401230392]
[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=41832.msg478767#msg478767 date=1401229276]
[/quote]

Ya that can't be right at all. I'd be checking that one out with another solicitor. Shocking thing to do to someone.
[/quote]
Were in talks at the moment any ya he is wrong in every way!

[quote author=ianfl link=topic=41832.msg1#msg1 date=1401256382]
A crewcab prob ain't going be any cheaper to run
[/quote]
X2

[quote author=ianfl link=topic=41832.msg1#msg1 date=1401256382]
A crewcab prob ain't going be any cheaper to run
[/quote]cheaper diesel more mpg less insurance half the tax for the year and I can use it for work and she can use it so it looks the way to go for the moment.

Hi Adrian,

Same happened to a girl I was working with recently as part of the same redundancy wave that culled my job. Day she came back from Mat leave she was told she'd be made redundant; however they were keeping the temp on who was covering her work while she had been out 9the temp worked at a much lower hourly rate). Company was completely in the wrong. Thing is though, that once this happens your job is gone either way as you cannot stay there when things have gone all sour like that... What it did mean was that she got a HUGE redundancy package (about twice the standard package which was already substantially better than the minimum requirement). BTW, this girl did engage a good solicitor which was what got her the big package in the end. If you don't already have legal counsel I strongly recommend you find a good one (costs usually recovered from other party anyway in cases like this). Also, have a look at making a complaint against the solicitor via the Law Society of Ireland. They have a good procedure and could be of real benefit to you in your situation.
Hope things work out for ye!

RE the crewcab: know plenty of folks with crewcab jeeps, different makes and models and don't expect to see better than 25-28Mpg. Insurance and tax "might" be cheaper - but only if you have a company - because if used for private use you still have to put private insurance and tax on it, which means dear tax due to high capacity engines.

[quote author=Keadeen link=topic=41832.msg1#msg1 date=1401271004]
Hi Adrian,

Same happened to a girl I was working with recently as part of the same redundancy wave that culled my job. Day she came back from Mat leave she was told she'd be made redundant; however they were keeping the temp on who was covering her work while she had been out 9the temp worked at a much lower hourly rate). Company was completely in the wrong. Thing is though, that once this happens your job is gone either way as you cannot stay there when things have gone all sour like that... What it did mean was that she got a HUGE redundancy package (about twice the standard package which was already substantially better than the minimum requirement). BTW, this girl did engage a good solicitor which was what got her the big package in the end. If you don't already have legal counsel I strongly recommend you find a good one (costs usually recovered from other party anyway in cases like this). Also, have a look at making a complaint against the solicitor via the Law Society of Ireland. They have a good procedure and could be of real benefit to you in your situation.
Hope things work out for ye!

RE the crewcab: know plenty of folks with crewcab jeeps, different makes and models and don't expect to see better than 25-28Mpg. Insurance and tax "might" be cheaper - but only if you have a company - because if used for private use you still have to put private insurance and tax on it, which means dear tax due to high capacity engines.
[/quote]
This is much the same thing only my girlfriend was still on leave with 4 weeks to go when she got the two paragraph letter to say bye bye and thanks for the 9 years hard work ant forget about redundancy because we have no money,yet they offered her temp the job for less money and more hours!!
We have a top legal team on the case at the moment.

The jeep is go replace two cars that's where the savings will come in plus insurance and tax through work so it's just while there is only one income coming in which could be a year or so until all this mess gets sorted.then I'll be looking for another Subaru,but I'll have to sell this one first,which is a very last resort.

I had an Isuzu Dmax before and any Subaru was lighter on fuel than it.. Pure pig on diesel, I'd say 20mpg would be optimistic for it.

[quote author=ianfl link=topic=41832.msg1#msg1 date=1401280696]
Navara hard on crankshafts I heard
[/quote]ha I'm use to that so new crank and bearings just gone into my legacy:)

Navara quite hard on juice too - won't see much above 25mpg. One of the locals has one and always giving about how hard it is on fuel compared to his previous pickup (HiLux).

His Navara is an '08. He hates it compared to the Toyota and had a Dmax for a while too, which he liked, but the engine went on that even though quite a new enough vehicle.

If she had 4 weeks left on maternity leave, and she's been working 9 years, she is entitled to finish her 4 weeks maternity and go back to work. Only on the day of return to work, can her employer issue notice to end her employment. As this, if her employer is choosing to end it on the date she should return to work, she is still entitled to be paid for the weeks she would have been working.

So, if it says no different in her contract, she's entitled to legal minimums.

Required NoticeLength of Service Minimum Notice
Thirteen weeks to two years One week
Two to five years Two weeks
Five to ten years Four weeks
Ten to fifteen years Six weeks
More than fifteen years Eight weeks

If the employer does not require the employee to work out any part of their notice, the employer is obliged to pay the employee for that period.

For further information regarding Minimum Notice, download the Minimum Notice & Terms of Employment Acts, 1973 - 2001 - Explanatory Leaflet

[quote author=Bonito link=topic=41832.msg1#msg1 date=1401406950]
If she had 4 weeks left on maternity leave, and she's been working 9 years, she is entitled to finish her 4 weeks maternity and go back to work. Only on the day of return to work, can her employer issue notice to end her employment. As this, if her employer is choosing to end it on the date she should return to work, she is still entitled to be paid for the weeks she would have been working.

So, if it says no different in her contract, she's entitled to legal minimums.

Required NoticeLength of Service Minimum Notice
Thirteen weeks to two years One week
Two to five years Two weeks
Five to ten years Four weeks
Ten to fifteen years Six weeks
More than fifteen years Eight weeks

If the employer does not require the employee to work out any part of their notice, the employer is obliged to pay the employee for that period.

For further information regarding Minimum Notice, download the Minimum Notice & Terms of Employment Acts, 1973 - 2001 - Explanatory Leaflet
[/quote]

Sound for that Bonito there is a little letter sent this week so it will be interesting to see the outcome:)

JUST READING THIS NOW that's a c*nt Adrian sorry to hear ye are in that sort of hardship hope ye get a good outcome ,it would be a shame to have to sell the wagon

Back