Anyone done the Supercar Drivers day in Mondello???

a mate of myne got a present of this a whle back . as above , prices seem high for the trtacktime you get , but he did say the experience of driving a porsche is on another level ,espically the braking and cornering speed .

think rally school ireland do something similar but without the race circut of coarse

would LOVE a spin in a porker but cant see myself doing it in mondello

I did this last December after getting it as a gift to do the full 10 lap experience!

For me the Warn up laps in the Mazda ( yes I'm serious) was a great laugh! The instructor was much more lenient with that car! Sat into the 911 then, and noticed the instructor had a set of pedals on him side, like a driving instructors car teaching a 17 year old spotty kid how to drive! the power was really nice but as soon as I came into the first corner the instructor was hard on the brakes! I can understand they don't want to wreck the cars but ffs he was way too strict! In fairness he did say drive it on on the straights but again, he was way to hard in the brakes for my liking!

To sum it up if your happy to spend €300 for the full experience and you live close to mondello, then go for it. But of your unsure of spending that money for roughly half an hour in total on the track or don't live too close to mondello (like me) then I wouldn't bother!

The drifting that's run down there is much better, the instructors are sound and let you drive it on!!

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=41756.msg478105#msg478105 date=1400590548]
The drifting that's run down there is much better, the instructors are sound and let you drive it on!!
[/quote]

Had similar experience here, the drift day was far more fun than the supercars...

Hey lads got pres from the other half of 4 car supercar experience in nutts corner in the north..Its for the end of june they have a choice of about 8 cars.. mine are r35gtr, f430, 911gt3, and not sure on last 1... plus a passenger spin in a supercharged ariel atom :eek2 hope to get some pics and vids to post if i could figure out how to :anyone: cant wait :clocks:

Agree completely with daveR , the little Mazda with the rally seats and the way it's set up was great fun, no matter how hard you went it seemed impossible to get it wrong in the corners. I expected to be blown away with the 911 but I was disappointed because I thought my impreza would be just as quick if not quicker.

Back