Classic car tax how old

keith dublin

Member Number 161Full ISDC Members 2015
As above looking at a 325 sport 1989
I'm looking to try get classic tax and insurance
Anyone have any info please
Thanks
Keith

You could get classic insurance and it has to be over 30 years old for classic tax

So you should be grand, no nct either

If it's registered 2.5 on logbook, then you will pay 2.5 tax currently 1080euro per year. Vintage tax applies after 30 years old. Classic insurance can be had once the vehicle is 15 years old by some insurance companies. I used these before. NCT exempt Pre 1980 only. This year is fixed and don't change.
https://www.campionins.com/vintage-classic-insurance

Nice choice of vehicle by the way. :goodjob:

Sorry Keith eoin is right

I taught I read 79 but 89 you'll have to wait a few more years

30 years or classic tax
but pre 1980 to avoid NCT.
I looked at an old Merc SEC cruiser from 1982, but the problem is that it has to pass the NCT every year.
To my mind, best to go pre-1980.
and german or Japanese.

I'm looking at 89 325i sports I know the tax is gonna be bad for a few years but I think as soon as the classic tax kicks in it will make a nice summer car
Always liked them and now I have a horn for a grey one
Few nice ones on dd

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=41686.msg1#msg1 date=1400744919]
I'm looking at 89 325i sports I know the tax is gonna be bad for a few years but I think as soon as the classic tax kicks in it will make a nice summer car
Always liked them and now I have a horn for a grey one
Few nice ones on dd
[/quote]

A mate of mine had 4-5 of them all in Dolphin Grey ( he use to say ) really nice cars and the sound off the straight 6 is unreal.

There was a dealer up north that kept bringing them in from the uk always had a constant supply of 325i sports . One day I went up with the mate to look at one and came back with a e30 m3 :)

Back