silly salesman

dnadelooners

Sunday Drivers
So I went to have a look at this today

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/01-subaru-impreza-sti-2-0/6866531

The salesman approached so I asked could I bring it for a spin. He said no bothers and before the test drive began there wasthe engine management light in my face. But off I went anyway. There was a lovely burble from the aftermarket yet unbranded exhaust and the copied ssq Bov had a nice sound too. The car pulled well through all the gears and handling was what you would expect from a subaru. It is lowered 40mm but I think it was done correctly.

So I went back to talk to the guy. I asked what he was looking for it. He said 3750. I asked him did he know it's not an sti and that he was dreaming if he thought he'd get anywhere near that for a high mileage fairly bog standard wrx. To which he replied she's 280 brake. Now I don't claim to have extensive knowledge on subarus or any car but I know enough to get by. So I informed him that out of the factory it would of been 220ish so what was he basing his estimation of "brake" on. And I loved his answer, "the fella margot got it off said it was" I said if you believed everything a fella said there'd be some seriously powerful cars out there. I had a look around to see any mods that could support his claim but all I found was the exhaust which was actually just a weld on back box job. Now I could be wrong but I don't think you could get 60+ gains from a remap alone. But I carried on and asked would they test it if I bought it he said yes but it wouldn't need much so I pointed out that all 4 discs were almost dead and opened the bonnet to be greeted by a plume of smoke, price keeps dropping I joked! Anyway I said I'd test the waters, I told him I couldn't give him any more than 2k for what it is, had it been an Sti maybe we could do something. He said we should stop talking then so I asked what's the bottom line he said 3k so I said good luck.

I know this garage well they always over price everything they had a 98 fake type r integra on their forecourt for 3 years at 5995. I think if you're selling a car the least you could do is have a bit of knowledge or history on it or at least have it in a saleable condition. I seriously hope nobody goes in and pays 3k for this car

I'm all for naming and shaming dodgy salesmen but the fact of the matter is he is only 1 of thousands out there! If you really want to buy a Subaru then a buyer would do the research first and realise this is not an sti as you stated and just a Wrx, making it hugely overpriced and would walk away! He might get lucky and some dope will buy this, or he might not and it will sit there for months! These garages are not even worth a trip to view the car IMO !

Well I only went to view as I knew what it was and what it was worth and was just looking to get the other half this as a second car to have fun with rather than keep taking mine, it was rather fun watching him squirm though poor guy didn't know what to do or say

Your Results

Vehicle
Registration 01D3552
Make SUBARU
Model IMPREZA
Description TURBO WRX 4DR
Engine Capacity (cc) 1994

Can a garage be done for false adverting.

When that add went up they had it down at a desiel hahhaa

Seriously though do ur reaserch drive a load of em good luck :thumbsup:

Back