Prodrive move

blacktar

Club Chairman
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
From prodrive fb page

Some sad, but also some good news for us. After 28 years, we are moving home for the second time - not far, still Banbury, but this means that from the beginning of August this year the main buildings you can see from the motorway will be no more. They have been Prodrive's home since 1986 and were the original home for the Subaru World Rally Team, as well as the BMW, Metro 6R4 and Porsche 911 programmes.

Initially we will consolidate into the rest of our site by the end of July, before a move to an all new home in Banbury in the spring of 2015. This will make way for a new retail park to be built here.

Our doors here will only be open to the public until the end of June, so please drop in and take the opportunity to see the facility for the last time. During May and June we are holding extra tours with a special rate of £30, which will include the Prodrive 30 year commemorative pack. While on June 8, Subaru owners' clubs are also holding a final farewell meeting here - there should be quite a crowd.

To join us on a final tour contact jirwin@prodrive.com and we'll post more information on the Subaru meeting in due course.

Hope to see you here.

Jackie was saying this, when I was talking to her in April

A lot of history there at that building,

Always like driving to there, as your on the motorway as you can see the building

if theres intrest in it gordon we'll start a list and take it from there :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

really glad i got to see it before they move , that building is a piece of history in motorsport , to think of the legends that have walked through that main reception door way since 86 is mad , no new building can replace it .

there building a shopping center there instead must have got a hat full of money

They need to increase there premises due to lack of space. They taking on a whole new composites division and apparently they just need a larger facility.

I'm looking forward to the new premises, it will be great to see how they create their new space.
The new heritage centre will be much better.
Lots of history to the old Prodrive buildings but it was long overdue a revamp.

+1 Pete!!

They are such a high tech, cutting edge company... But the museum doesn't do that image much justice. The old building has great history... But the new place will I'm sure be an exciting and impressive place to suit the sort of company that they are.

Can't wait to see... A definate road trip I'll be attending in 2015. :)

PRODRIVE FP

Sunday June 8 from 10 am to 1 pm will be the final Subaru meet here at Prodrive and a chance for any Subaru and non-Subaru owners to say farewell to Prodrive's home since 1986 and the home of the Subaru World Rally Team from 1990-2008. The buildings will close to the public at the end of June, before being demolished in August.

Everyone is welcome to attend, there is no charge. Parking on and around the site will be for Subarus only, but there will be parking nearby for all other cars.

We will be opening up the heritage centre so you can see the collection of cars and there will 'burger' van selling food and drink. You can also pick up the Prodrive 30 year poster and the Prodrive 30 year commemorative packs. The various Subaru owners' clubs will be lining up their cars and the WR1 owners club will be commemorating 10 years of this model.

We are trying to arrange a few other activities and displays and will update you as and when we can. We will not be doing site tours on this day, but if you would like to come on one before the end of June please contact: jirwin@prodrive.com.

If you want to stay locally on the Saturday night we have arranged a special rate of £61 for a room for four people (two doubles) at the Holiday Inn Express 400 yards away. Please call the hotel direct to book: 01295 234567

Hope to see you there.

This makes me sad I love that old museum u can just feel the history love to go but wedding coming up so no can do as Jamie said id be up for a 2015 road trip

The end of an era

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
Back