New GTI concept

think i sen a puple/blue one last week in navan , only had side view but same wheels .

Yeah sounds like one. All our ones sold were that purple/blue colour.

2.0litre turbo/4WD. No idea on tax but you can bet its cheaper than our Subaru's.

[quote author=DUFFMAN™ link=topic=41542.msg475769#msg475769 date=1398509388]
[quote author=stel94 link=topic=41542.msg475490#msg475490 date=1398276447]
http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/volkswagen-golf-r400-concept-confirmed-for-production

[/quote]

You must work for VW???

Start a thread about a overpriced hatchback on a Subaru forum!!!
[/quote]

no way looks a good car driven 2010 gti and i was impressed but didn't realize how expensive they are :ponder:

[quote author=Grahamo spec c link=topic=41542.msg1#msg1 date=1398525998]
Yeah sounds like one. All our ones sold were that purple/blue colour.

2.0litre turbo/4WD. No idea on tax but you can bet its cheaper than our Subaru's.
[/quote]

Grand so can't compare running costs to a gtr

I'd say the GTR would be dearer to run by a long shot.
Knowing the prices and costs of servicing on the Vw gear it's not expensive.

I'd say a service bill for a GTR would frighten me!

this is very true, but the way i see it is, you should be paying for the car, and not be paying more for less running costs, i know this isnt the case though, as the new diesels and low tax cars go for much more than the non economical counterparts!

My point was price of the car doesn't matter . If you had 7k to spend you could buy a well specced type r impreza or you could buy an amg Merc , which would the heart pick and which would the head pick as regards running costs?

The cost of the golf is expensive but justified at the same time . Comparing on price alone is a bit stupid . You need to be comparing like for like cars not 2nd hand 3.8 twin turbo gtrs ;)

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=41542.msg475827#msg475827 date=1398543659]
My point was price of the car doesn't matter . If you had 7k to spend you could buy a well specced type r impreza or you could buy an amg Merc , which would the heart pick and which would the head pick as regards running costs?

The cost of the golf is expensive but justified at the same time . Comparing on price alone is a bit stupid . You need to be comparing like for like cars not 2nd hand 3.8 twin turbo gtrs ;)
[/quote]

ah yeah! i may have got a bit carried away ha, just funny to think of what you could buy with half the money! at the end of the day though you'd have to compare it to a new focus rs, megane rs, etc all the hot hatches of similar power and spec really, its a good car, and in a few years when it goes down in value, it'll be a dinger of a second hand buy thats for sure!

The 35k difference would go a long way to running costs though and the gtr will likely be worth more than the golf in 2-3 years

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=41542.msg475874#msg475874 date=1398589246]
The 35k difference would go a long way to running costs though and the gtr will likely be worth more than the golf in 2-3 years
[/quote]

Very true rob but you don't get a two year warranty with a GTR!
I'd hate to fork out for a major engine failure on a GTR.....

Don't get me wrong I'd have a GTR any day if it was a choice between the two.

But having that money I wouldn't pick either of them.
It would be a tough decision to spend all that money on one car though.

Reckon a modified Impreza and a fast German estate for the dogs!

any one hear anything about how much the R400 is set to cost was looking around but can't find much on it, judging from the current R's price id say it will be colossal

[quote author=Grahamo spec c link=topic=41542.msg475555#msg475555 date=1398335693]
Yeah they are nice.
If you like the new Gti you would love the new R!!
It would give a few scoobys a run.
[/quote]

A mate txt me yesterday said auto car mag have a test new sti v golf r and the sti get spanked in every test.
Some people dismiss the new hot hatchs but having drivin the new vxr Astra in anger on a track it's a serious weapon along with the golf r seat Leon r,megane 270 cup,new amg a class all thease new uber hot hatches will worry a impreza or Evo on any road

[quote author=Ciaran WRX link=topic=41542.msg482638#msg482638 date=1404445406]
[quote author=Grahamo spec c link=topic=41542.msg475555#msg475555 date=1398335693]
Yeah they are nice.
If you like the new Gti you would love the new R!!
It would give a few scoobys a run.
[/quote]

A mate txt me yesterday said auto car mag have a test new sti v golf r and the sti get spanked in every test.
Some people dismiss the new hot hatchs but having drivin the new vxr Astra in anger on a track it's a serious weapon along with the golf r seat Leon r,megane 270 cup,new amg a class all thease new uber hot hatches will worry a impreza or Evo on any road
[/quote]

drive picked the golf aswell
http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-comparison/volkswagen-golf-r-v-subaru-wrx-sti-20140528-zrp9o.html

although im not sure i agree with him on some points, he says that due to the All Time AWD system on the subaru, its sporty on the limit but harder to live with day to day? personally ive never had a problem with the subaru AWD when driving around the city???
seen many tests of ''adaptive'' AWD vs All Time AWD and with the all time the wheels never slip so they dont have the initial stuck in the mud sensation. All time wins those tests every time by a long shot.

he picks the golf because its easier to live with day to day and just as capable when performance is called for, i dunno bout everyone else, but i dont quite understand how its easier to live with? or how he can decide this from a one day test, apart from going by the fact that the golf is a little tamer down low.

Back