New GTI concept

They tried something like this before, in a working concept, it was on top gear, i know Clarkson takes things over the top sometimes, but looked like a bit of a flop from the way he was ranting, hopefully this one doesn't go the same way! Golf gti is a great alrounder, but lacks the wow factor imo, if they could keep all the gtis good points while doubling the power, that's something id like to see.

[quote author=garethmac600 link=topic=41542.msg475534#msg475534 date=1398293838]
They tried something like this before, in a working concept, it was on top gear, i know Clarkson takes things over the top sometimes, but looked like a bit of a flop from the way he was ranting, hopefully this one doesn't go the same way! Golf gti is a great alrounder, but lacks the wow factor imo, if they could keep all the gtis good points while doubling the power, that's something id like to see.
[/quote]

Have you driven the new golf R? That's about as much wow you will get from a golf.
Quick car all the same and a lot faster than the Gti.

No grahamo havnt had the pleasure of driving the R yet, only the gti, so only going by my opinion of that, ive heard good things about it though!

Yeah they are nice.
If you like the new Gti you would love the new R!!
It would give a few scoobys a run.

Something to keep in mind for the missus next car, be getting her something that isn't too crazy, but that i can take for a blast on the back roads :changinggear:

Golf R some bit of kit the sister was thinking about it but at around 70k depending on spec i said nooo

so 3 dr dsg gti with the performance pack it is....

very under rated car shes is a 2006 gti dsg the last few years solid fast and quality seeping from every nut and bolt

ther eis one in Frank Keane going for 61k 141D a lot of money for a hatch, i'd go for an 2009 rs6 for that money!

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=41542.msg475670#msg475670 date=1398448774]
ther eis one in Frank Keane going for 61k 141D a lot of money for a hatch, i'd go for an 2009 rs6 for that money!
[/quote]

I know I've driven it a few times! :thumbsup:
Hence my comment above :icon_grin:

We have sold 3 so far. That's the boss mans demo.

[quote author=garethmac600 link=topic=41542.msg475669#msg475669 date=1398446586]
i reckon the depreciation will be colossal on em! have you got one Grahamo?
[/quote]

Jesus no! I just have access to one during work.
Driven a few of them now.

I'd spend that money on a proper car......

[quote author=Grahamo spec c link=topic=41542.msg475676#msg475676 date=1398452776]
[quote author=garethmac600 link=topic=41542.msg475669#msg475669 date=1398446586]
i reckon the depreciation will be colossal on em! have you got one Grahamo?
[/quote]

Jesus no! I just have access to one during work.
Driven a few of them now.

I'd spend that money on a proper car......
[/quote] :multijump: :multijump: :multijump: your a gas man graham does the golf R not meet the Scooby spec c standards man??

It's nice dec to drive and hand back!
No rawness about it or that wow factor. Traction can't be switched off full time either for fcuks sake!

Then it has the DSG box also, fantastic box but I like a manual box when pushing on, not these fanny flaps behind the steering wheel, that you can't get at through the twisty stuff.

If I had that money for a car a golf wouldn't be seeing it.
Imagine spending 70k on a golf and trying to explain to the ordinary joe that your
Golf cost that much!!
You would be admitted to the nearest mental hospital.....

When you can get an R34 for 25k and an r35 for 40k you just cant justify putting a hot hatch up for 70k! Craaazy, the worrying thing is people will buy em!

Back