Mapping a Legacy GT 2005

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=41524.msg1#msg1 date=1398127202]
Could this be related to your knock sensor wiring?
[/quote]
I would have thought that was ok Barry,maybe now that I know what connector to connect to read the ecu we might see what's going on!i might give Aunghus a buzz today and see if he wants to have another look or Joe Power he seems to have done good work with Dan.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=41524.msg475354#msg475354 date=1398121710]
[quote author=KENC link=topic=41524.msg475335#msg475335 date=1398113454]
Is the white one used to code remote key or something like that.

Afaik, being able to reset the ecu ended with the classic impreza, all new ones need a computer to reset them.. Presume legacy is the same
[/quote]

Strictly speaking you aren't resetting it, but if disconnected the current setting will be wiped , worked on previous model legacy
[/quote]

If you pull the battery for a while it wipes the learned knock values and AFR stuff and also resets the IAM back to 1 so it would erase any previous retardation the ecu detected because of a knock event or similar, at least it does on mine.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=41524.msg1#msg1 date=1398165445]

Afaik, being able to reset the ecu ended with the classic impreza, all new ones need a computer to reset them.. Presume legacy is the same
[/quote]

Strictly speaking you aren't resetting it, but if disconnected the current setting will be wiped , worked on previous model legacy
[/quote]

If you pull the battery for a while it wipes the learned knock values and AFR stuff and also resets the IAM back to 1 so it would erase any previous retardation the ecu detected because of a knock event or similar, at least it does on mine.
[/quote]
I was chatting Aunghus this morning he is going to have another look at mine now that we know where the connectors are!
When he ran mine on the dyno he said it was knocking like crazy so didn't like the sh*t fuel I guess,hard to believe it would cause such a power loss!

Will do Dan he just wants me to make sure when them plugs are connected that all fans and lights flash"if it dose then he said he can read it then,I told him I might be buying your exhaust so he said he can allow for that on the map.

Yep I get that on mine when connected like I said , drivers side always connected, passenger side connect to read/write

[quote author=Adrian Dunne link=topic=41524.msg475371#msg475371 date=1398167183]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I was chatting Aunghus this morning he is going to have another look at mine now that we know where the connectors are!
When he ran mine on the dyno he said it was knocking like crazy so didn't like the sh*t fuel I guess,hard to believe it would cause such a power loss!

[/quote]

Have you tried a decent booster or some toluene or something just to see? if you were getting poor quality fuel it could easily account for the retardation in timing(if it is that)
Did he give you an at the wheel figure, just out of interest? I don't think 210hp would be unreasonable for an auto JDM legacy running shite 95...a couple of % wrong in transmission loss calculation would screw up your flywheel figure...you see all types of % transmission losses used by dyno operators, especially as it is an Auto, the auto runs 40/60 torque split doesn't it? It may lose less power through the transmission? just a guess work btw I'm not suggesting this is the case but We've seen at dyno days before they will just use a standard calculation for all Subarus....different diffs , different gearing etc will all make the difference, ....does the car fell really sluggish or is it just the low read out that is troubling you?

Car would need full check over of plumbing and pipework prior any map.

What size HG was used. Has compression ratio changed.

All things need be done first.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=41524.msg1#msg1 date=1398170071]
[quote author=Adrian Dunne link=topic=41524.msg475371#msg475371 date=1398167183]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you tried a decent booster or some toluene or something just to see? if you were getting poor quality fuel it could easily account for the retardation in timing(if it is that)
Did he give you an at the wheel figure, just out of interest? I don't think 210hp would be unreasonable for an auto JDM legacy running shite 95...a couple of % wrong in transmission loss calculation would screw up your flywheel figure...you see all types of % transmission losses used by dyno operators, especially as it is an Auto, the auto runs 40/60 torque split doesn't it? It may lose less power through the transmission? just a guess work btw I'm not suggesting this is the case but We've seen at dyno days before they will just use a standard calculation for all Subarus....different diffs , different gearing etc will all make the difference, ....does the car fell really sluggish or is it just the low read out that is troubling you?
[/quote]
Funny enough the car feels a bit better than 190bhp it seems to lack power at top end more so,
I put some booster in it Friday night I got it of Aunghus but I wouldn't like to be buying it for every fill"didn't make a big difference anyway.
I'd hope he can sort something if he gets to read the Ecu next time.
I think your wright with the split I'm pretty sure the auto is around 40/60 to the rear.

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=41524.msg1#msg1 date=1398170812]
Car would need full check over of plumbing and pipework prior any map.

What size HG was used. Has compression ratio changed.

All things need be done first.
[/quote]
Compression should be the same I didn't change pistons or rings they were all good,Allie just done crank one rod and all bearings timing belt and filters.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=41524.msg475376#msg475376 date=1398170321]
He couldn't remap it that's the main problem I guess. 190 at the fly is terrible!
[/quote]

is it accurate,[quote author=Adrian Dunne link=topic=41524.msg475378#msg475378 date=1398170862]

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=41524.msg1#msg1 date=1398170071]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Funny enough the car feels a bit better than 190bhp it seems to lack power at top end more so,
I put some booster in it Friday night I got it of Aunghus but I wouldn't like to be buying it for every fill"didn't make a big difference anyway.
I'd hope he can sort something if he gets to read the Ecu next time.
I think your wright with the split I'm pretty sure the auto is around 40/60 to the rear.

[/quote]

I wouldn't take that 190bhp as gospel if I were you, get the wheel reading.

yes wheel is a percentage calculation of transmission losses.

this is where all dyno results differ again

normally manual 22%. Auto area 25%

[quote author=Adrian Dunne link=topic=41524.msg475381#msg475381 date=1398173473]
Would wheel bhp be normally less than fly wheel??

[/quote]

yes, the dyno is only measuring wheel power.

well did you get it sorted? Pm me your number again im after wiping my phone again and didnt have it saved!

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=41524.msg1#msg1 date=1398261732]
well did you get it sorted? Pm me your number again im after wiping my phone again and didnt have it saved!
[/quote]
Pm sent
Got talking to Aonghus yesterday he is going to have another go at it Friday evening,I joined them connectors and it put the car in test mode so he should be able to read it now"thanks to you I wouldn't have known that connector was on that side at all.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=41524.msg1#msg1 date=1398281001]
no problems as a thanks you can buy my exhaust!
[/quote]
Ha your very good I'm waiting for it to go on sale:)
I'd say I will buy it Dan just want to make sure the map is ok and NCT on sat so all going well she will pass that too"spent all my run away money lately so your exhaust is my next big treat:)

Back