Mapping a Legacy GT 2005

Adrian Dunne

Octane Boostaholics
Hi lads I was down with Aunghus Power on Friday evening to get my car mapped for 95,his softwear could not read my poxy ecu so we didn't get it mapped.
But we did do a run on the dyno an dower was way down due to the map and fuel.
The car is standard but I would expect more than 190bhp.
I know a few that have had these cars mapped but for some reason my ecu seems to be different?

Do u know what ECU it has, it should be stamped on the ECU in the passenger side footwell. Next time ur up I can hook my laptop to it and see can it read from ECU. Joe power mapped mine. Couldn't write to ECU first time because of ecutek map on it. Once that was gone though it was fair game.

It should be up at at least 250 in standard form. Mine made 270 after original map by bob rawle . lads in uk seem to run about 300 on uk fuel.

[quote author=KENC link=topic=41524.msg1#msg1 date=1398076427]
What power would you be expecting out of it as it is?
[/quote]
Well I would have thought around 220bhp

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=41524.msg1#msg1 date=1398078481]
Was it 190 at the wheels Adrian?
[/quote]
No it was 190 at the fly wheel I'll post a pic of the graph I was chatting Dec about it too he thinks the graph looks very unstable.

e7u5yhe8.jpg

Yeah that's waaaayy down on power. I'm presume u double checked all the boost pipework to make sure nothing is split or wired up wrong? I think mine was about 250,when I first dynoed it in 2008.

All that end seems good Dan boost is .85 and Aunghus said this is normal for this car what would you think?any pipes that were bad when I done the engine got replaced

If he was monitoring boost and it was stable then no leaks there. .8 bar I think as standard. maybe give Joe power a shout. He looks after mine and its safely up at about 330 these days. If ur bored to stay I can meet u somewhere and see if my laptop can connect etc I have a the software on mine for reading and writing to ECU and to log etc.

I can see if I can test write my map to ur ECU. Did he connect green connectors in passenger footwell?

He did Dan and the strange thing is my car won't run unless they are connected all the time he thought this was strange and he never seen this before!!

That is weird. I cant drive with mine connected, well I can but it drives in diagnostic mode I think which limits power to actuator boost. Might need to have 2 beside each other to see where the wiring differs. Previous owner might have botched something

You could be on to something Dan i thought it was strange myself"they were always disconnected in my last legacy.

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=41524.msg1#msg1 date=1398094882]
and what do the green wires do . does it feel down on power adrian
[/quote]
They put the car into diagnostic mode Colm as far as I know"it wouldn't be a patch on my last twin turbo legacy for power so I always felt it was down in power it sometimes feels like it's in limp mode really,that's why I thought it needed a map as well as being safe on Irish fuel.

U connect the green connectors Colm to read and write to the ECU. So ur saying Adrian if they are not connected your car won't start? Or just drives bad or what? Are u sure u reinstalled the turbo? :) non turbo legacy makes 170hp! Not far off yours!

Have you ever reset the ecu? It's possible it detected a knock with poor fuel at some stage and adjusted the timing...would make normal boost but a lot lees power obviously

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=41524.msg1#msg1 date=1398105282]
U connect the green connectors Colm to read and write to the ECU. So ur saying Adrian if they are not connected your car won't start? Or just drives bad or what? Are u sure u reinstalled the turbo? :) non turbo legacy makes 170hp! Not far off yours!
[/quote]
Ha ya feels like it:)when I disconnect the green connectors I can't even start the car!!

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=41524.msg1#msg1 date=1398105976]
Have you ever reset the ecu? It's possible it detected a knock with poor fuel at some stage and adjusted the timing...would make normal boost but a lot lees power obviously
[/quote]
No I didn't reset it but had the battery out would this reset it?

Back