Double din into new age?

I thought as much! It was only when I measured my own factory radio it was smaller so said I better check first! Cheers Dave!

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=41400.msg473859#msg473859 date=1397031946]
din is a industry size.

any double din radio fits the new age impreza.
[/quote]

my experience with "chinaviasion" one , says different . wold of been a hack job and so sold it . jus my $.02

some fit perfect others need adjustment to the dash facia in my experience . had to trim and file the back of the facia for the double din I fitted . time consuming but not a hard job . trim and fit and trim a bit more if not sitting right

Iv ordered it now anyway so time will tell! I'd hate to have to cut your lovely surround tommy!!

Re: Re: Double din into new age?

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=41400.msg1#msg1 date=1397037660]
[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=41400.msg473859#msg473859 date=1397031946]
din is a industry size.

any double din radio fits the new age impreza.
[/quote]

my experience with "chinaviasion" one , says different . wold of been a hack job and so sold it . jus my $.02
[/quote]

china and german din exacting standards dont go hand in hand

The hole I have is 172mm wide. Sony say stereo is 178mm. The height I have is 98mm, Sony say stereo is 100mm.... Be tight!!!

Don't forget your double din will be mounted behind the dash facia, so the radio itself can measure bigger than your dash opening, it won't matter, only the screen part of radio will fit through the dash opening

The sony measurements are for the metal body of the radio, not of the front facia

Yes! I know what you mean! My radio will be mounted behind the facia.... So the facia will just sit against the front of it! Sure that will be perfect!

Back