Possible catch can group buy????

I'm not sure what difference it makes but I was recommended these by a top engine builder, he also said to mount the can as high as possible. Whether it makes a difference or not I don't know

Great let me know when :thumbsup:

[quote author=larSTI8 link=topic=41384.msg473825#msg473825 date=1396996645]
@ colm , ye no problem, be happy too,

@ ken ye check the blog section :thumbsup:
[/quote]

[quote author=GORDON GT SERIES II link=topic=41384.msg473830#msg473830 date=1396996845]
be an amazing car to kick start the feature car threadoff again
[/quote]

thanks Gordon, all goin well I hope have it corner weighted & geo next week, been very busy lately , wish could get more time at it,
will be worth it in long run but!

Ah Jesus, how can I look at my ould navy tractor after seeing this..

Ken have you seen the rcm one's?
I have one fitted with return to sump plumbed in for about a year now and about 12,000km and they work great. I think thats a fair amount of testing.
Those cheap small catch cans that most put on are a waste of time imo and Ive tested a few. The rcm one is fit and forget (bar cleaning the lines during the winter cold months)

I remember you voiced concerns about condensation mixing with the oil, I have to admit you do get some in the lines in the colder weather which can be cleaned out periodically with any airline (takes 10mins) but after doing a few oil changes none makes it to the sump obviously burns off with the heat of the oil. Also I had a badly leaking passo side rocker cover gasket for about 6 months that got put on the long finger so I decided to replace both and while the covers where off I inspected for any build up from condensation and can report none, was clean just as you would expect and normally plumbed breather system to be. Perfectly safe.

Dont buy the rcm return to sump fitting kit as its useless, leaves the fitting far to low, I should have got a fitting welded to the sump instead but the mocal banjo fitting and line made up from Pirtek has served my well so far.

Back