What 95 Ron petrol is good right now?...

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
been using texico the last while and recently filled up at esso and noticed the car was more responsive than normal anyone else got a opinion or is all 95 the same?... :dontknow:

I was getting mapped a month or that ago, previous map was e5, and I want a map for 95 this time around and I allowed I would get the what I thought worst 95 out there just to be safe. Went to a local Emo station, and the mapper said it was almost the same as e5.... So I really don't know anymore.. I think we are getting everything and anything

I always used esso im my wagon as it was beside me or Texaco I think any major fuel brand is fine i.e esso,texaco,maxol,etc just stay away from Tesco other than that work away

Fella I know drives a tanker and delivers all over the country, I asked which is the best site to fill at? He said that a bulk tank ship lands into the port and fills the topaz, top, Esso bunkers, the branded tankers for Esso could fill from the topaz bunker and vice versa.... So what you get in you topaz station may in fact be "Esso" petrol

Or it's all the same in other words

Read somewhere that kerosene is being mixed into petrol.
The stations using laundered diesel wouldn't be too worried about using mixed petrol

I definitely find a difference between using ESSO and say Topaz or Tesco or local newsagent's unbranded.

ESSO and Maxol seem to work well in my car (ESSO was in it when I got it mapped).

same as charles . maxol and esso when available . tried using local applegreen and topaz but the car just doesn't like it . had apple green in while mapping but feels better on maxol for sure

I used to stick to E5 Maxol all the time because that's what it was mapped for. But now I use Applegreen (with its 5% ethanol) - it is exactly the same or better than what I was getting at Maxol. No power loss at all anyway. And it appears all petrol by law now has to be E5 (5% ethanol) anyway. Use Maxol if i'm stuck. Never tried Tesco - and avoid all the dodgy small unbranded or strange branded country petrol stations.

[quote author=geogan link=topic=41382.msg473788#msg473788 date=1396994198]
I used to stick to E5 Maxol all the time because that's what it was mapped for. But now I use Applegreen (with its 5% ethanol) - it is exactly the same or better than what I was getting at Maxol. No power loss at all anyway. And it appears all petrol by law now has to be E5 (5% ethanol) anyway. Use Maxol if i'm stuck. Never tried Tesco - and avoid all the dodgy small unbranded or strange branded country petrol stations.
[/quote]

I've been saying this for well over a year now, found Applegreen fuel to be good.

Back