what do ye think of the spec D ??

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=41152.msg1#msg1 date=1394964407]
lovely car imo but its nearly everything you didn't want based on another thread you posted in a while back, basically a 2.5 euro sti , is it a case of settling for something as what you really want isnt readily available over here ? from talking to ya i got the impression a spec c or a jap twin scroll sti was what you were after , dont get me wrong i love my euro sti and would never change it as they are a very capable car and delivers a great driving experience , drive one first and be sure Dec , its alot of cash to spend out if its not 100% what you are after !
[/quote]

There's a bit of that tommy Jdm sti are very rare both here and uk and they are 5000 more expensive in uk than euro sti ,my ideal car would be an sti a-line from Japan but that's not going to happen they are too rare .i was just really thinking aloud with regard to the spec d as it's not something we have here I was wondering what people thought of them .i love the leather and subtlety of the black calipers black interior I would do as above if I bought one. but like yours tommy if I was buying euro it would need to be built I was looking at a 2006 spec D in uk with a forged engine only 1000 miles on the new engine for 9000 stg but I'm going to hold off and see does a Jdm come up first but if it doesn't I may look at a forged euro I won't rule it out but it's not a preference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=41152.msg470840#msg470840 date=1394969287]

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=41152.msg1#msg1 date=1394964407]
lovely car imo but its nearly everything you didn't want based on another thread you posted in a while back, basically a 2.5 euro sti , is it a case of settling for something as what you really want isnt readily available over here ? from talking to ya i got the impression a spec c or a jap twin scroll sti was what you were after , dont get me wrong i love my euro sti and would never change it as they are a very capable car and delivers a great driving experience , drive one first and be sure Dec , its alot of cash to spend out if its not 100% what you are after !
[/quote]

There's a bit of that tommy Jdm sti are very rare both here and uk and they are 5000 more expensive in uk than euro sti ,my ideal car would be an sti a-line from Japan but that's not going to happen they are too rare .i was just really thinking aloud with regard to the spec d as it's not something we have here I was wondering what people thought of them .i love the leather and subtlety of the black calipers black interior I would do as above if I bought one. but like yours tommy if I was buying euro it would need to be built I was looking at a 2006 spec D in uk with a forged engine only 1000 miles on the new engine for 9000 stg but I'm going to hold off and see does a Jdm come up first but if it doesn't I may look at a forged euro I won't rule it out but it's not a preference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[/quote]

The a-line is 2.5 isnt it , be rare enough all right ,

dec, the spec d is a class car, considered one of them before my last purchase, definetly more 'discreet' than most sti's which suits some lads more as they get older, the only thing i would say why spend more money putting rear spoiler on one which defeats the whole purpose of a spec d in the first place (discreet), you seem more of a spec c man i think

this for me is the ultimate impreza for my taste 2007 sti A-LINE only 800 made jdm specific car 2.0 twin scroll
only available in two colours

2007STILimitedEditionSatinWhitePear.jpg

2007STILimitedEditionUrbanGreyMetal.jpg

the chances of finding one in my budget is zero

[quote author=gerry link=topic=41152.msg470857#msg470857 date=1394974115]
Would you keep it spolier less if you did get one Dec.
[/quote]
no Gerry I think I would fit an s204 replica but I wouldn't rule it out either I like being different !!

some of the lads on a different forum or thread here said that the jap price could nearly be doubled by the time its on the road here :banghead so for that money its out of the question

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=41152.msg470854#msg470854 date=1394973908]
Very nice but mad money and vrt on top of that again
[/quote]
vrt is not terrible 2757 ,I paid 4320 on the wagon when I imported it

If your looking to send that sort of money
I'd be looking at this or the white one
Savage cars

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 8
[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=41152.msg470858#msg470858 date=1394974210]
[quote author=gerry link=topic=41152.msg470857#msg470857 date=1394974115]
Would you keep it spolier less if you did get one Dec.
[/quote]
no Gerry I think I would fit an s204 replica but I wouldn't rule it out either I like being different !!

yes thats thats the correct answer..lol...no a standard hawk spolier would take away from the this type of car and what it stands for

[quote author=Pedro555 link=topic=41152.msg470847#msg470847 date=1394971542]
dec, the spec d is a class car, considered one of them before my last purchase, definetly more 'discreet' than most sti's which suits some lads more as they get older, the only thing i would say why spend more money putting rear spoiler on one which defeats the whole purpose of a spec d in the first place (discreet), you seem more of a spec c man i think
[/quote]

I definitely am more of a spec c man I love jdm cars and I will try find one in budget but they don't come up for sale much and when they do they are big money

Personally love the Spec-D... and was what I was looking for... like the lower spoiler better and great colour in the gunmetal grey.
Couldn't find a clean one at the right money and ended up buying my Euro/UK STI and then got the spoiler changed to be like the Spec-D.
I just need to fit the projector fogs at the front and the external look is like Spec-D (in black).
BTW... Spec-Ds tend to have had an easier life (more mature owner), so typically easier to find a clean one.

Only thing I would say is that I am not a great fan of the leather seats in them.
Had the same seats in my Blob WRX SL and very slidy and not as much grip as the cloth or alcantara.

In the end also depends what you want it for... if daily driver go Spec-D... if only a toy with minimal mileage go for Spec-C as better on track etc.

Dec as we were talking before bring on in from the uk and then you'll have the one you want,
twin scroll be my ultimate impreza too the likes of a spec c or ra something like that pure raw and aggressive

Back