Engine on the way to Allie Borrows:)

Adrian Dunne

Octane Boostaholics
yby8ahe2.jpg

At last I'm getting around to getting this little baby sorted:)

He thinks around two weeks he is seems very busy and is down his other engine builder since Christmas so I think he is doing it all himself.not sure what I'll get done he is going to ring me when he has it stripped so I'll have a better idea of cost,I was just going to get the bad bearing or bearings sorted but I'll see what my budget is like is love to make it a little stronger.I am getting timing belt done too as there's 70000km it's nearly due anyway.
I can't wait to get it back on the road it's no fun in my garage I'll keep ye posted on progress:)

[quote author=wagonwheel link=topic=41032.msg1#msg1 date=1394298625]
Mine went up there on a pallet too just before christmas :thumbsup:
[/quote]how is it going for you now did you get much done?

[quote author=Adrian Dunne link=topic=41032.msg469699#msg469699 date=1394307772]

[/quote]
Going great now Adrian. Was happy enough with the power so just wanted it back, maybe a bit tougher! Needed crank, rods, got acl race big end bearings, rings and an uprated oil pump. Old rad had a bit of a leak so a new rad too! Hoping not to hear that knock knock again for a long time!
Hope you get on well with yours. Ali was decent to deal with.

[quote author=wagonwheel link=topic=41032.msg1#msg1 date=1394316816]
[quote author=Adrian Dunne link=topic=41032.msg469699#msg469699 date=1394307772]

[/quote]
Going great now Adrian. Was happy enough with the power so just wanted it back, maybe a bit tougher! Needed crank, rods, got acl race big end bearings, rings and an uprated oil pump. Old rad had a bit of a leak so a new rad too! Hoping not to hear that knock knock again for a long time!
Hope you get on well with yours. Ali was decent to deal with.
[/quote]Ah good stuff it's a nasty noise to hear I'm happy it's in very good hands,I was chatting him up there for a good while seems dead sound and knows his stuff,got some payment out of the way also just to soften the blow later:)

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=41032.msg1#msg1 date=1394312194]
he done mine last year , great service i found and a decent fella ,
[/quote]good to hear Tommy today was my first time to meet him and I found him very straight so I drove away very confident in him.

dealt with Allie couple years back, sound lad, knows what he's at,

Got the call from Allie he has my engine stripped down my problem was a cracked bearing on the big end very little debris around the engine,
Not sure what could cause this even Allie said its rare to have a cracked bearing!!

He is fitting new bearing and a new rod reckons the rest is perfect I asked about race bearings but he said there was little or no need.he seemed surprised to see the cracked bearing could it have been a manufacturing fault or something?he is doing me belt and tensioners while it's out.

why the new rod was it damaged ?was he happy with the oil pump condition and the crank condition will he be fitting all new gaskets and seals to ??

Ya all new seals and gaskets he said he will check and re build oil pump but it looks fine today on part inspection,crank must be ok because he didn't mention having to change it,and I think the rod got damaged from the broken bearing

Back