[Q] MY06-07 (Hawk) Front grille removal

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
Does anyone know how can I remove the grille on front, without actually taking off the whole bumper? If possible?

I would like to remove the plastic mesh, and put some metal one...

Yup , been there done that :icon_biggrin:

if you open the bonnet and look at the tops of the 3 grill sections there is a number of plastic fixings , pop them out and the grills will then need a bit of persuasion to pop out , then the fun begins , splitting the grill to remove the mesh , basically remove all the screws and the front , back and mesh separates , fit new mesh and screw it all back together :thumbsup:

Yea, I had all the top plastic fixings out, but the mesh parts were still holding in pretty tough... I didnt want to use too much force not to damage them, but you say more force is required? aint there any plastic clips like, to be taken care of? that may be damaged?

was able to pop mine out with fairly little force . try the middle one first then the 2 sides should come easier

Thanks lads...

Have some Karma for that video... originally, I was like 'eh, another 15years old bloke is fucking with his father's car' then I saw ring on one of the hands and :eek2 its a girl

Back