insurance yet again

dannyb

Middle Lane Hogs
Well my insurance is due for renewal the end of the month and its gone up from last year (big surprise) AXA quoted me €1176.78, im 32 9 years NCD, so i call around today and out of the 7 phone calls i made i got one quote of €960 full comp off quote devil

The rest wanted nothing to do with me because its such a high performance car ha, i even had an argument with a girl in Aviva who told me it was a diesel not petrol, no matter how many times i told here she said "that's what i have here for that reg so it must be right we use cartel" to say i laughed at her was an understatement

Long story short i ended up sticking with AXA as when i called to see if they could help me out they reduced it right away to €960 with out me telling them i got any other quotes, gas how it dropped over €200with in 2 minutes, sorted for another year now roll on next years renewal :smokesubaru

yeah its still more than last year i think it was just under €800, had a good yap with a very helpful girl in AXA who thought herself it was a bit mad but done all she could, prob the 1st time ever i have spoke to someone who seemed to know what they where talking about, id put money on it that she drove a Subaru her self

Heard a few saying the same insurance gone up , I'm dreading my renewal next month

Was with AXA for many years and at 38 and 17 years NCB got quoted nearly same money as you listed for my renewal and my "re-negotiated" figure... then went to AA (who use AXA as underwriters) and dropped to €742 fully comp.

mine went up from €770 to €794 this year. Have to ring and see can I get it down any bit. Not a massive jump but still went up all the same. 32 with 11 years ncb. Tried a few online quotes last week and the cheapest was €1104.

just renewed my Insurance today - 490 fully comp for 2002 WRX. 34 full licence, no idea how long my ncb is. Company is Allianz, but I believe you have a pups chance in hell getting on their books now, as they don't take performance cars really. I'm with them since I was 19.

Some off the under writers have left them exposed where they dont have the money to meet the criteria for the cover they have sold
or something to that effect rsa for example they got to big to quick and have put them selfs at risk
my Brothers Missus was telling me something like that was the cause off subarus not been touched as they arent taking any risky stuff really anymore they just want the safe stuff
I cant remember exactlly what she said uit was christmas and I was well :beerdrink:
It was supossed to go down for men and up for women with the gender equality thing too
I dont think it did
it just went up for everyone :icon_rolleyes:

It was the same foe me and changed over to Aaron insurances after been recommended.

29 with full Isis's and 9 years ncb got for 796e on a 05 sti.

Aviva wanted 2300 of me :cuckoo:

Just be careful lads with excess on the policies.

Hi lads, just got my new quote of €427 fully comp with the AA for 02 wrx, im 42 with 14yrs ncb and her as a name driver, gone down €130 from last year,

I'm gonna get raped in October. In saying that, mine dropped by €30 coming from the DC5 for the year and I upgraded to fully comp.

Mine dropped this year to e784.00. Fully comp motor trade. Drive anything but a steam roller insured in.

31yrs old.

Full no claims since 17.

Motor trade since 21. (That was e6k)

Before I bought the Forester (€470 FC 123.ie) I had been looking at Impreza's
As I've a mate that works in insurance in Derry I was gonna pull a stunt and insure in the north for the cheaper tax....best quote he could get me on an STi Impreza or Forester was £1400 Sterling (Group 50 highest grouping)....how are the lads in NI doing it? any on here?

[quote author=thequadcam link=topic=40356.msg460110#msg460110 date=1389657640]
Hi lads, just got my new quote of €427 fully comp with the AA for 02 wrx, im 42 with 14yrs ncb and her as a name driver, gone down €130 from last year,
[/quote]

That's a great quote.
Axa wanted €860 from me dropped to €780 when I told them it was too dear only used for weekends etc.
checked with Aaron (think it was them) with Axa matched €620.

[quote author=garry17 link=topic=40356.msg460279#msg460279 date=1389730391]
As I've a mate that works in insurance in Derry I was gonna pull a stunt and insure in the north for the cheaper tax....best quote he could get me on an STi Impreza or Forester was £1400 Sterling (Group 50 highest grouping)....how are the lads in NI doing it? any on here?
[/quote]

I'd imagine because you'd be starting out without any NCB?

[quote author=Bonito link=topic=40356.msg460594#msg460594 date=1389831019]
[quote author=garry17 link=topic=40356.msg460279#msg460279 date=1389730391]
[/quote]

I'd imagine because you'd be starting out without any NCB?
[/quote]

Quote was based on me transferring my Southern NCB

I received today AXA renewal - 661.56 fully comp. Cheaper from last time, because change from Full EUR to Ireland Full licence.
31-33 yrs old
The main user of the vehicle - my wife :plusone:
NCB - 16 yrs.

Back