H.I.D kit

M

Matt

Installed a Bosch HID kit on my type R yesterday as the standard lights are not upto much on our dark roads.
I ordered them off ebay, H4 Hi/Lo kit, colour 4.3k which is the same as what comes on big BMW's these days.
Need to get them allinged properly so not to blind other motorists.
I had a go myself but want to make sure its done properly.
Anyway, the verdict is im very impressed. Excellent, clear white light.
They cost 180euro and took about 30min to install.
:) :thumbsup:

good stuff.. need to sort mine too... I've the 4 lamp conversion on my type R .. and they are MUCK, cheers for that

Ive read that it will once they are alligned properly.
The Bosch ones are the exact ones used on the German cars out the factory so shouldn't be a problem.

[quote author=chriSTi link=topic=4503.msg47882#msg47882 date=1196799490]
good stuff.. need to sort mine too... I've the 4 lamp conversion on my type R .. and they are MUCK, cheers for that
[/quote]

You'll need the 2 sets of normal H4 HID lights in order to use them on high and low beam.
The normal non Hi/Lo kits are cheaper but as you need 2 will be more expensive.
Worth it though

Its just i have heard of them not passing think im gonna invest in a set my lights are sh1t :angry:

I suppose it would be handy enough to remove them or even leave most stuff in place and just put back old lamps for the NCT.
Ill keep you posted if i find out any answers on NCT off anybody.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=4503.msg47904#msg47904 date=1196804084]
ebay link to lights?
[/quote]

www.stores.ebay.ie/lylys-shop

Be sure to read instructions properly when ordering as they require additional money to be added in postage section if you require the Hi/Lo kit as its more expensive. And specify colour required

looking for some myself at the mo but the cheapest i got was €250 fitted,
think ill spend the half hour fitting them my self,

Cheers,

Sti Garda

fitted 2 kits ' highs & lows' to mine myself, hour done it,

LOWS

HIDcoversionlowneamkitH1bulbs.jpg

HIGHS

HIDconversionhighbeamkitHB3bulbs.jpg

QUAD LED SIDE LIGHTS
BOTH KITS ARE 6000K h1'S AND hb3'S

they look the business,

hmmmm early xmas pressie me thinks

Sti Garda :subaru:

I have a set hers that i got for last car.Unused still in box if anyone interested

:smokin:

Yeah they do the job alright.
Got free LED side light lamps with mine from the link above.
It explains the colours too

Check out this video from Auto Express on Aftermarket HID Kits. They are illegal in the UK and will fail the NCT. You're better off with Phillips Extreme which cost just 50.00 and are 100% better than standard H4's and are fully road legal.

You can see form the video that all the Megane is doing is producing tonnes of glare because the headlamps are not designed to reflect the light from HID bulbs. Compared to factory fitted HID's these kits are poor and a high power H4 bulb properly focussed would be much better.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/featuresvideos/204742/xenon_test.html

Frawls

those with the projector type head lights like that on my sti will get off with it, its when the head lights with glass lens like the megane coupe, classic impreza has is when they are scattered. I took mine to a mate who works for the MOT centre and he checked them out and said they would pass, no scatter at all,

I see what they mean about scatter.
I had my standard lamps aimed correctly but when i put the HID's in they were way too high, blinding other drivers so i adjusted them and they seem fine now.
Not been flashed at anyway.

fairlt sure you can get glass with an "E" mark on them that will pass the test :dunno:

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=4503.msg47994#msg47994 date=1196884594]
fairlt sure you can get glass with an "E" mark on them that will pass the test :dunno:
[/quote]
Do you mean a new headlight?
The HID kit i got has a metal stainless steel looking reflective device surrounding the lamp which i prosume is supposed to aim the beam to suit old style headlights

Back