my pu-ka project

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=39266.msg457299#msg457299 date=1388166595]
thats the job dec ya should have went for a 5 speed sequential box :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: . small changes can make a big improvement . ps dont for get the kill switch :thumbsup:
[/quote]
couldn't justify 4-6 k on a box joe but it would be mental I can dream I suppose :icon_grin:i have a kill switch in it already or do mean a flat throttle kill switch for gear changes

they are slight taller so ill fit it to the car and if there any bad effects on power ill put the puma gearkit in the focus box and also im on the look out for an rs turbo series box as they have an lsd which the ka needs as it lights up the left wheel coming out of bends even in third so I need to do some track time with different setups and find the best setup during the year

ye I should be able to get a good setup then that's the best thing about fords most parts are interchangeable between models and years so they are very easy to modify

ok so the ka is booked in for the trackday with baz so I had some jobs to do to it first one thing that was bugging me was the gearbox kick mount on a ka they are made of really soft rubber and move an awful lot so I decided to fabricate a new one, so I purchased a vibratechnics mount for a fiesta/puma zetec and made up a new mounting point on the ka sub frame to make it fit this will also help when I get to install the focus box .next up was to fit a new wheel bearing in the rear and to fit two new rear tyres as the back end was all over the place at the last day so I decided on the toyo t1r to replace the avons on it the will be a good tyre wet and dry until I can afford r888s

@scoobysub still didn't move the kill switch :wall:

are the avons not any good Dec , had been looking at a set for spare wheels , may have had a lucky escape if so

they are agood tyre tommy but the ones on the ka were as old as me :multijump:and had gone off they were all perished and cracked

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=39266.msg464283#msg464283 date=1391366344]
:ponder: sure maybe i pressed it :icon_biggrin:
[/quote]
it wouldn't surprise me joe :icon_grin:

I've seen this little devil on track last time, I even have it somewhere on video at home... When I saw it first time, I was like, WTH is that? then I saw it in action and my jaw dropped:D

Very nice car considering its Ka:D

What would be its 0-100 time?

that was my whole idea with it man it is ugly as fu*k and no one ever expects it to be any way quick :multijump: its good crack to drive and cheap as chips .iv no idea on the 0-60 time iv never timed it but to give you an idea of what it should be the ka is quoted by ford at 0-60=19.6 seconds
the puma 1.7vct is quoted at 0-60=8.7 seconds
the ka weighs about 750 kgs
the puma weighs 1035kgs
according to a calculation online it should be 6.4 0-60
http://www.060calculator.com/

that 0-60 calculator is either off, or Subaru's official statement on my car is off... Subaru says that my car should do 0-60mph in 8.8sec but this calculator says 7.4...(shame on me, I had the best time 9.9)

sorted a set of 25% worn yokohama a048 tyres for the ka that should improve the lap times on it and im also goin to fit the mondeo brakes before the next day ,the times at baz`s day were 2.16 so I think I should be able to get that down to 2.10-2.12 with the brakes and tyres

That is a class car! Nice bit of work put in to it. Must be great craic around mondello. I got a fiesta zetec for this season and even tho tis as dead as a maggot, great fun trying to shave a bit of time of where ever you can get it!
Must be nippy with the 1.7 :yellowthumb:

Back