my pu-ka project

good work dec

you going to paint the cage same colour as the wheels?

you should pick up and small racing battery to help with the weight and some plastic windows

Ok lads the cage is finally finished and will be removed during the week for paint I'm delighted with how it turned out not bad for my first cage :)
0eb9d30445ff91a32363392c8e5f7d18.jpg
cb7b69d030a1c5d95031fa3310dac2fa.jpg
a27843ffda59bfe7a4b1358b32168dcd.jpg
a13442ae0a8fc56646072c9df7f7c677.jpg
a5e52a9a24a946779e825d09cfe61650.jpg

New seat position is now solid no sliders and an awful lot lower than it was
8572beef7ce531426e0663c979d38a49.jpg
5c68a2ac9533107c449ee2f648d357d1.jpg

wagon dec

Nice job Dec you will feel a bit safer now and the car will be stiff as a post win win
Looking forward to the paint will look class orange
When is it's next outing

Cheers kieth I can't wait to have it painted and refitted ????
I'm hoping to do the japfest round of time attack for the laugh ????

wagon dec

They say it must be fia on regs but that's because they have to say that,the lads in mondello just asked what make mine was so just get some nice OMP or Sparco stickers[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well technically mine is fia spec just with extra bars as the rear section is cusco safety21 and the front section is sparco

I think it doesn't have to be fia just fit for purpose and safe as far as I know

who's doing the scutineering? if they get fussy the door bar are prob a bit low(could be just the pics, see their up to the reciever), if your doors are cut it needs to be an x. the triangulation bar on the back needs to go from the top diag to the bottom diag. think you might have one too many bends where the dash dodger bit is, sometimes its allowed to put a diag between hoop and top bar at door. just check now before you put the welder away, easy fixed now.
in fairnes if you seen how some of the fia cages have been fitted to some cars and still pass, its a joke.

I didn't bend the blue part of the cage ciaran that's the way sparco made it and it would have passed fia scrutiny. Do you think the door bars are too low where they?

I didn't bend the blue part of the cage ciaran that's the way sparco made it and it would have passed fia scrutiny. Do you think the door bars are too low where they?

i'd say the regs have changed a bit since that was used. they wanted me to weld a touring car bar into my touring car, and thats a really good cage in that.
hard to tell in pic, but look low. you can answerv the question as your the one it will be protecting. do you think a car would go over it on impact? usually if its high enough to be usefull its a pig to get out over, that looks fierce easy to get over. if it was me i'd be making that diagonal a bit longer, it will be many times more supportive at the base mount.

You could be right man, I basically sat in the seat and measured so that I wasn't obstructed when turning the wheel. It is relatively easy to get in and out

I know mine is very hard to get past getting in or out and it's a full Sparco cage,I can take measurements if you like Dec,but I still think your grand for time attack because it's just timed laps and no door to door,I'd say they are way mour strict with ITCC

Just looked at those it states you need x bracing in the roof 42-50 pipe and no dash dodgers could be in trouble so. A fu*k it I don't really care it's more for my safety than events but I'll throw it in for scrutiny anyway and see what they say if it passes I'll compete if not I'll stick to trackdays

Dash dodger is fine once the bars are straight down,they can't kink away to miss the dash.

Back