More power Scotty

300bhp is loads in any road car after the first 3 weeks with 350 the fun will have wore off . whats 50bhp when you 300 all ready.

Lots of valid and good points here...

... but in the end comes down to Andy's goals.

Andy:
* what is your intended use for the car?
* any specific reason for aiming @ 350bhp (as opposed to say 300)?
* did you set yourself a budget (total, engine mods / suspension and brake mods)?

Depending on answer to above there's a wealth of experience and knowledge to tap into here :thumbsup:

I may have opened a can if worms here alright :).
The goal is have a good fast reliable road car for daily use and to be able to hold its own on the track.

50bhp more is not going to get you the win on track over someone who knows the track in a well sorted track car nor will it make much of a differance from point a to point b on a back road either . it depends on lots of other things when it come to fast cars but a lot of it come down to the drivers

Huge amount of common sence being talked here by everyone think you said your car has ppp so its not that far from300bhp.

However if car on stock wrx springs id start there and some proper rubber and pads this will make a huge difference

Re: Re: More power Scotty

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=38542.msg1#msg1 date=1373902712]
50bhp more is not going to get you the win on track over someone who knows the track in a well sorted track car nor will it make much of a differance from point a to point b on a back road either . it depends on lots of other things when it come to fast cars but a lot of it come down to the drivers
[/quote]
Nail on the head.
I think a well sorted car with 300hp will be quicker than a car with 350hp with bad brakes, tyres, suspension. You need the right mixture.

The difference in a car shining/standing out on track is down to the setup and the driver not necessarily the power of it.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=38542.msg440598#msg440598 date=1373893117]
300bhp is loads in any road car after the first 3 weeks with 350 the fun will have wore off . whats 50bhp when you 300 all ready.

[/quote]

300 is nice but the difference in feel to a classic and newage @ 300 is quite big ,

that extra 50 bhp is the difference between a quick and fast car imo , the difference in mine between 300 and the 350 is night and day , and the grin factor hasn't wore off,

Imo if the wrx was mine ,i'd be trading it against a nice bug/blob sti and do basic breathing mods with a good map , a non stressed sti motor has to be better than a wrx motor that's modded and way above its standard design brief of 218 or 270 on the ppp, plus 6 speed box plus brembos plus the interior etc etc etc , Sti just makes more sense to me !

fair enough tommy but how far back the road would the 300bhp car be not very is the anser i'd say . i.m with you on the power thing at 280 i'd never go back to 200 . its just from 300 and above its not always use able on the road :dontknow:

Back