More power Scotty

Andy_C

Sunday Drivers
I thinking of upping the power in my bugeye it already has the prodrive performance pack fitted to it. I'm thinking be starting on the exhaust and fitting a sports cat.

All recommendations welcome.

Yes your correct Keith, It's does but I'm after more power.
The plan is to break the 350bhp but not sure how to get there.

And yes I know it will take alot more then just a exhaust to make that figure.

Why not just upgrade the turbo and leave the exhaust? I think you may struggle to get to 350 on the standard turbo, regardless of teh exhaust you choose.

350 is a magic number when it comes to scooby bhp.

How much do you want to spend to get there?

as above 350 is the magic number with a Scooby enough to be a very fast car but still low enough not to be too hard on the rest of the drive train,to do it right you will need to drop it to ali burrows,sti tuning or any good builder for a rebuild with pistons ,bearings,gaskets,oil pump etc then fit a tdo5-20g turbo and sti 550cc injectors and top mount or front mount full decat exhaust and a remap .at that you will have a reliable 350 no hassle.if budget is an issue just full decat ,vf35 or vf48, injectors and a map you should see 300 bhp

Cheers lads, I had a feeling that a rebuild might be on the cards to get the figures I was after.

A rebuild is hardly needed for 350 on a newage unless there's already an underlying issue with the engine?? Plenty of people running that and more on standard engines.

a wrx is only 218bhp from the factory in my opinion ya would be lookin for trouble trying to make an 11 year old car do 350bhp when its suppose to run 132bhp less why over stress it that's why people get engine failures ,if it was mine I would want it so I could drive properly for that it needs a rebuild imo

Ah right, I thought it was an sti :hammerhead:

Depending on the torque out when over 350bhp, the 5 speed box may be on borrowed time also. Take dec's suggestion and aim a little over 300 and be happy :thumbsup:

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=38542.msg440550#msg440550 date=1373840872]
A rebuild is hardly needed for 350 on a newage unless there's already an underlying issue with the engine?? Plenty of people running that and more on standard engines.
[/quote]

There's. not plenty of people running 350 bhp on standard anything Robby.

There's only a hand ful of lads on this site with more than that bhp and can only think of you that is on standard engine, who else is there??

There are plenty of people in the uk running 350-400 and some beyond on standard newage sti engines, I said nothing about plenty of people in the isdc doing it.

Andy read my blog get yourself a vf35 fuel pump sti intercooler sti uppipe and map should see just over 300 esp with sports cat serious difference :mechanic:

Why would that make a difference to what power the engine could handle though? We wont make the same power here due to fuel issues but as far as the engine is concerned 350bhp in the uk is stll 350bhp in ireland too.

According to google and the internet. She be sitting at 265bhp with PPP. So breaking the 300 barrier should be very do able.
But sure I think I may wait untill the rolling road day in November and take it from there.

[quote author=Andy_C link=topic=38542.msg440587#msg440587 date=1373883870]
According to google and the internet. She be sitting at 265bhp with PPP. So breaking the 300 barrier should be very do able.
But sure I think I may wait untill the rolling road day in November and take it from there.
[/quote]

Don't get caught up in headline figures, it's just a bottom less pit of money. I don't see any situation where a 1500kg 300bhp saloon would be left wanting on the road....and if it is for the track your money would be better spent on suspension , brakes and tires...money spent that will keep you out there longer and not worrying about it going pop...
not trying to sound like a wet blanket but spending 1000's chasing an extra 50bhp that is going to compromise the reliability of your car just sounds like madness to me.
As set of track tyres alone would get you more you a lower lap time than an extra 50bhp.

you want me to paint on some go faster stripes while i have it in the garage :whistle:

I think Dagnut has it spot on tho

Back