Water charges

tommy 555

Member Number 935
So with all this talk of water charges coming in by the end of 2014 it got me wondering , what will all of us who wash and clean our cars weekly be doing to cut down on this new tax ,

Personally i have a plan for rain water collection into several large drums i have been saving for just this time , with a decent sized roof area between house and garage i reckon i should be able to avoid using metered water for car washing , i believe a gravity feed from the containers should be able to feed the pressure washer without a drop in psi from the Karcher , So has anyone else even thought of this or am i over thinking it :carwash:

Wont affect me as i have my own well . So will still wash it once a week .i know this is not going to go down well but i think its only right being charged for water . The amount of people in the estate i use to live in leaving taps on all the time was stupid .

surely they will accept a flat rate or fit a meter? cant see them fitting meters to everyone's house just can't be cost effective.

i have a well too. hopefully no charge. what do ya think scoobysub will we escape this one.

i have a well too. hopefully no charge. what do ya think scoobysub will we escape this one.

they cant charge you if you have your own well but they will probably make you register it and charge you 20 -50 euros a year which is the same as charging and then put it up every year after that bastards :angry1: :angry1:

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=38269.msg438127#msg438127 date=1371504997]
Wont affect me as i have my own well . So will still wash it once a week .i know this is not going to go down well but i think its only right being charged for water . The amount of people in the estate i use to live in leaving taps on all the time was stupid .
[/quote]

I work at this game and I have to agree with you. But the only problem I see is once they get a tax in or water rate the only way it goes is up. At the minute I am paying 88 cent for a 1000 litres (or a full IBC) of water on a private scheme which is very cheap when you think about of it and its proper drinkable water . On a council scheme it varies from county to county but I see can big problems in towns where houses are connected to the public sewer. You'll pay for what goes into that as well like the all the non domestic meters at the minute and its usually higher cost going out so your paying on the double. The people in towns etc will be fleeced if they carry over that system of charging to the domestic billing.

It does make people though that would normally waste it have more respect for it when they are paying for it. I've seen this first hand

Back