Just to confirm.... again....

legacygt_ie

Sunday Drivers
Sorry folks if this has been covered before but I dont think its been covered for a diesel and wanna check before I buy :imlost: :imlost:

Ive a 09 reg impreza diesel and want to upgrade the front and rear brakes for both stopping power as well as looks :)

Will 4 pots be a direct bolt on front and rear will i need to increase/decrease my brake disks ?

Thanks in advance.

Good question , not to many diesel impreza's about let alone one that is been modified , take a few pics of your brakes and stick them up here , see can anyone identify them and say weather or not 4 pots will fit

Jesus over 120 days since I posted this...

Well as you can see I didnt get the pics up even thought I changed the front brake pads but i have found this....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3998684/2010-subaru-impreza/

Back to my origional question: This guy is using brembo brakes off a 08 STI (they cost a fortune !! My question is will brembos fit on cars that have 4 pots on front and 2 pots on rear because if so then they should be a direct bolt onto my diesel .... fingers crossed !!

They will bolt on alright, you could look at the older gold brembo's as well, all the same fitment on the front, not sure about the rear.

You biggest problem will be ensuring that your wheels fit over the brembos once they are installed.

How about the red 4 pots prior to the Brembos as there still pricey and overkill IMO for my plans.

At worst would I not just require wheel spacers as Im running standard Subaru 17's on the car ?

4 pots should be fine behind the wheel, the biggest thing is to get a good fast road pad for really good bite.

Depends on the wheel that is on the car as to what size spacer you'd require but yes, you could possibly use spacers for the brembos, shouldn't need them for the 4 pots.

a good set of Subaru 4pots is a very good set up for fast road driving iv never had an issue, once like Robbie said a good disc and pad setup in them

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=37588.msg443508#msg443508 date=1376427408]
4 pots should be fine behind the wheel, the biggest thing is to get a good fast road pad for really good bite.
[/quote]

Ive just saw a thread on here about pads.... to be honest there the least of my worries as there readily available, its just the fitment of the brakes I was worried about.

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=37588.msg443509#msg443509 date=1376427573]
have 4 pots there if you want to try them :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Now were sucking diesel !

PM on the way !

Hijack!!! Any pics of the car or have you remapped or changed exhaust system or anything. I love the diesel hatch

Sent from my iTelecommunications Communications Device & Tapatalk

[quote author=Anto J link=topic=37588.msg443521#msg443521 date=1376430116]
Hijack!!! Any pics of the car or have you remapped or changed exhaust system or anything. I love the diesel hatch

Sent from my iTelecommunications Communications Device & Tapatalk
[/quote]

Nothing done yet.... saving the pennies !

Got a great deal on a full set of brakes off a breakers in Galway. €300 notes delivered to my door got me 4 pot/2 pot front/rears inc discs and pads.

I got to measure up parts yesterday and from what Ive seen: The front is a straight bold on with discs appearing to be same in size/diameter as what was on the car.

The rear need an adapter to fit, also the metal guard that prevents stones etc getting in will have to be reshaped with either a few slaps of a hammer or cutting out :p

I took a few pictures but the only one that didnt look like crap was this....

20130928_153057.jpg

Before and after of the rears .... its just a teaser ! Ill be reconditioning the calipers in the coming weeks.

So the questions,

One of the discs were painted V4 Sti, I assume thats a 01-07 bug eye ? Just to make sure im getting the right parts.

Is there a market for second hand discs and pads as Ill be getting new for my conversion ?

What braided brake lines should I get ? i mean for what model car ? Do I get a kit for the STI or a kit for a diesel car haha ?

To confirm....

The rear 2 pots wont fit on to a 09. Because of the bolt hold pattern/spacing that with a spacer you'd have to remove material on both the caliper and rear hub in order to allow the caliper to sit in its correct position (otherwise it sits too far out and doesn't use all all the pad.

Ill be posting the rear 2 pots with genuine subaru rebuild kit, original discs, brackets, mounting bolts Subaru white stickers in the for sale section soon.

Back