car audio for WRX? cheap and cheerful?

shadowhearth

Petrolheads
anyway lads. i am not sure if standart audio system in 05 WRX is rubbish or just my one. :) or maybe Cd is rubbish.

anyway, its bog standart speakers and head unit. I was wondering to those double head units go in with no modifacation and fascia?

I dont want to change any speakers, only headunit, no fancy stuff. the biggest reason would be that i am really used to use USB key for my music. any suggestions or ideas lads?

so no help? :dontknow:

can anyone at least confirm if i need extra fascia or double dim sterio fits perfectly instead of standart one?

i might pick up some cheapish up to 150eu double din in halfords.

Yes they are exactly double din no adaptor needed as for speaker just upgrade to Sony or something like that

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=35006.msg401909#msg401909 date=1342022833]
Yes they are exactly double din no adaptor needed as for speaker just upgrade to Sony or something like that
[/quote]

cheers, thats all i needed to know. ill keep standart speakers. i am not meloman, i just need USB option more then anything else. Any ideas on what plugs they use? or i will need rewire it anyway?*

*i just remember putting in sony in to my mx5 and it was just the matter of swaping plugs etc.

New headunit will come with proper wiring harness if needed,I recommend spending a little extra and buying alpine. Without changing standard speakers there may be no improvement in sound though

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=35006.msg401925#msg401925 date=1342030774]
New headunit will come with proper wiring harness if needed,I recommend spending a little extra and buying alpine. Without changing standard speakers there may be no improvement in sound though
[/quote]

cheers. like i said, its more of USB option that i am looking for, then making it louder! :thumbsup:

just for sake of asking then, how many speakers does standart spec has on these WRX? I guess some new speakers for back would not be that bad? how much would that set me back? again, just something wee bit better and not high class stupid boom box style. I prefer to listen boxer engine in the background of some tunes i like. :dance:

Back