Bugs & Blobs

JohnRA

Member Number 3801
This wont be a short search by any means. Getting moved in work in the next 5 - 6 weeks and will be doing half the mileage I am now so a scooby shall be justifiable.

I'll also be looking and updating this regularly with stuff that catches my eye to see of they know the cars.

Unsure of end budget but I'm factoring about 8K but would rather not use the full budget unless the car has a comprehensive service history, is well looked after and has a very good after market alarm. If not, these will need to be put against the price.

Let's go.

P.s. May consider classics.

:subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34228.msg392687#msg392687 date=1335812945]
Are you looking for a wrx or sti?
[/quote]

I'll consider both tbh. Trying to swing either with insurance is going to be hard. May be looking at a part time trader policy tbh.

wrx would be easier to insure nd on juice
you could then mod it when you get bored
personally id be going for a clean low mile car like that
that hopefully shouldnt give you any trouble
whatever you choose all the best in your search and delighted to hear you are taking the plunge :subaru:

My Wrx bug is there for €3000. Has a fresh engine and 18" speedlines.

Check the scoobys forsale section if interested or call me on 0862228151 mate. Taxed for two more months and just passed NCT on Thursday.

I'd stick it out for an sti personally, they are about the same to insure and there's no point in buying a wrx and then trying to mod it up to sti spec. The sti will just give you a better starting point.

And if you could get that WR1 at good money, you'd have something a bit special too, and no insurance loading for jap based cars :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34228.msg392699#msg392699 date=1335814632]
I'd stick it out for an sti personally, they are about the same to insure and there's no point in buying a wrx and then trying to mod it up to sti spec. The sti will just give you a better starting point.

And if you could get that WR1 at good money, you'd have something a bit special too, and no insurance loading for jap based cars :thumbsup:
[/quote]

No secret's about it, that's the idea. Currently in the process of selling the mods off the TypeR and then she'll be going herself.

Personally like the 3rd one down - blue blob - i am biased though!!
The red blob STi has been up for ages, if your into that colour its worth a look i reckon, somethin different anyway.

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=34228.msg393111#msg393111 date=1335993523]
Personally like the 3rd one down - blue blob - i am biased though!!
The red blob STi has been up for ages, if your into that colour its worth a look i reckon, somethin different anyway.
[/quote]

Quite like it aswell myself. Have a friend living in Mayo so we'll see if he knows it. TBH I don't think there's any Bug colours I don't like. If you think about it they're all bright and stand out.

Unfortunately not the case anymore. If your insurer refuses insurance then you've to get 3 letters of refusal from other insurers. At that point they legally have to give a quote but if it gets to that stage you're most likely gonna get raped. The only time they can refuse insurance after that is if you're considered a liability to the general publics safety and the safety of other road users. You can appeal the quote to the IIF if you feel it's extortionate.

Is that not more true for new policies? Like you've paid for them to cover you for a period of 12 months, there's nothing in your policy to stop you or warn you against buying another car and transferring your insurance over so I would fight them on it all day long as you've bought the car already and have no means of transport without it and have no time to sell it to get a new car without losing thousands..

@ bonito that has been in for years regarding insurance companies as you 3 other companies must refuse you then you can go back to your original company in which case they have to quote you,the only problem with that is they might give you and extortionate quote,which you may very well end up referring to the regulatory authorities
they have to quote you regardless it happened me on my first impreza with quinn at the time i was 25 with a provisional i told them the car was bought and waiting on their go ahead to drive the car home,also a mate of mine done this just last week told them the car was bought and they said no problem your insurance will go up x amount
they only say they won't cover you as they don't want to insure sports cars,i don't understand the problem with insurance if you're currently driving a integra i would have thought the insurance groups would be around the same

Agree with above, dont ring up asking for quotes, ring up saying car is outside (paid for) and you want to transfer onto it. (after you have viewed the car and decided to buy!)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3180266

This has hardly been used since I sold it. The new owner resprayed the front of the car the week I sold it to him to remove stone chips and a scratch. He had asked about getting timing belt done to so I'd say it was services and had the belt done that week to. Would be well worth a look. The lad wasn't short on cash.

Back