b4 turbo options

popsy b4

Sunday Drivers
currently my car is mapped for 1.1 on the standard twin turbos im looking to squeeze some more out of it so what are my options ?

am i maxing out the standard setup already
hybrid turbos ? any recommendations
can i just change the secondary turbo to a bigger one and leave the primary standard ?

the engine is a rebuilt standard one so not looking for huge figures just would like to get the most from the car :subaru:

what kind of hybrid turbos did you see on legacys ? good gains ?

what about fitting an avcr so i can run more boost on the bigger turbo and leave the smaller as is ?

Doesnt work that way, the turbos don't switch from one to the other, primary stage is the single turbo on its own and the secondary turbo is both turbos spooling together and both turbos are actually very similarly sized.

An avcr won't adjust the fueling so you'd still need a remap to run higher boost.

You can decat, fit a 3 port boost solenoid (or avcr), performance panel filter or induction kit, map it and be happy with 310ish bhp. Other than that, go hybrid like dave said or else swap it all out for a single turbo conversion.

Seems like im already maxed out anyway on the standard setup have everything ha

who on here has done a single turbo conversion wouldnt mind a chat :thumbsup:

Noone on here, it was next on my list to do after my 6 speed conversion but I sold the car first.

Best thing for a conversion would be buy an impreza breaker and take off everything you need before selling on the shell and everything else you don't need.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=33475.msg383752#msg383752 date=1330727699]
Noone on here, it was next on my list to do after my 6 speed conversion but I sold the car first.

Best thing for a conversion would be buy an impreza breaker and take off everything you need before selling on the shell and everything else you don't need.
[/quote]

if its that much work i wont bother my last car spend 6 months off the road changing engines and turbos etc and i swore never again would i do such a big project

i think a run on the dyno now and some cosmetic work and be done with it

Thats all I would do to be honest, just keep it and be happy with it. If you want any more power, sell it and by an impreza.

If you did do it, a garage could have it done in a few days, it would just be very, very expensive in labour charges.

Dont really want an impreza at the moment either i dont want a lot of money tied uo with the car im trying to save for a house

will get her on the dyno in next 2 weeks and see how it goes and ill start sorting out the cosmetics

thanks for.help anyway

[quote author=popsy b4 link=topic=33475.msg383558#msg383558 date=1330628939]
currently my car is mapped for 1.1 on the standard twin turbos im looking to squeeze some more out of it so what are my options ?

can i just change the secondary turbo to a bigger one and leave the primary standard ?

the engine is a rebuilt standard one so not looking for huge figures just would like to get the most from the car :subaru:
[/quote]you and your modding cars, every new car you get your like i definitely wont start modding this one, week later, what will I do to it :icon_grin: I wouldnt really be pumping money into a b4, modding them gets very expensive.

[quote author=chris139ryan link=topic=33475.msg384102#msg384102 date=1330900172]
[quote author=popsy b4 link=topic=33475.msg383558#msg383558 date=1330628939]

[/quote]you and your modding cars, every new car you get your like i definitely wont start modding this one, week later, what will I do to it :icon_grin: I wouldnt really be pumping money into a b4, modding them gets very expensive.
[/quote]

ha ha you know me so well :icon_nana: thing is the legacy has all the mods already just want to get the most out of them and it turns out im pretty much maxed out so maybe thats a good thing ha ha

Back