Clock Spring and CV Boot

Mark Cahill

Full ISDC Members 2015Member Number 555
Hi guys, I'm on the lookout for a clock spring and a drivers side inner cv boot (gearbox side) for a 2002 Legacy.

Had the car in for NCT yesterday and it failed on a malfunctioning airbag light, but having replaced the bulb the light stays on constantly now. I know that is a sign of needing a clock spring but usually the horn doesn't work but in my case it still does. Also was advised to change the cv boot because of a small fray in it.

So if anyone has the above or knows we're to get them before I go to main dealers then let me know.

I'd be happy with those prices Dave. When would you be available to get them from you? I'm free from Monday onwards.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=33378.msg382743#msg382743 date=1330119542]
Is the clock spring part of the steering wheel or part of the airbag?
[/quote]

Not too sure Robbie. :dontknow:

Don't need them fitted Dave, but will need to get them from you this week sometime if possible. I'll give you a ring tomorrow or Tuesday to organise something if that's ok with you.

Yeah I'm in Drogheda but i'm travelling to Maynooth each day so its no problem making a detour if needs be.

Just for future reference for anyone changing the clock spring that rev c will not fit the rev d. Different connections at the back of the airbag. Rev C has a yellow connector and rev D has a small 'L' shaped black connector. Anyone know any others using this type of connector? Perhaps newage Impreza? I'll attach a pic when I get to a computer.

Re: Clock Spring and CV Boot (Pics added)

Cheers Dave, I'll put up the pic later just to be certain they are a match. I'll give you a shout tomorrow.

Pictures are a bit big so apologies.

Pic of the connection.
EBFBF467.jpg

Pic of the rear of the airbag. Bad quality though.
0C668C34.jpg

Back