Legacy goes boom boom

Be carefull with Pistons Dan, you need to plan a good Comp ratio, And when buying seals and gaskets.. apart from head gaskets, always buy oem. Id also get my valves seats re cut, a block can only be as good as your heads,

yes have sorted which pistons and head gaskets to go for, Will be getting some head work done, i cant remember all the things exactly

Have you tweak mapped it again to suit the new engine? Have you been able to give it a good workout or do you have to wait till after this next oil change?

Good stuff, you going to leave power as is, or now that your forged are you on the never ending hunt??

Been revved to about 6k have had 2-3 revisions of map on new engine. Still a bit more to get out of map though when i stick on the fmic. Gearbox is tried and tested in US legacys some guys running 350whp for last 2 or more years with no issues so it should hold up fine if i do go for a bigger Turbo in a few months. Its a never ending story alright

Hey Dan, it`s an old topic but as soon as I saw "Legacy" I got into it. I have a problem with my 2006 Estate non turbo 2.0L petrol. I`ve been in two garages and none of them could help, they send me to someone who specializes in Subaru engines..I`d appreciate some recommendations i.e. a mechanic in Kildare or Dublin that would take the engine out and maybe take it apart to figure out what the hell the problem is :hammerhead:

Back