I HATE .........................

[quote author=Nic Spec C link=topic=32009.msg380939#msg380939 date=1329056518]
The fact the "NCThieve's" can fail you for not having your numberplates screwed in!! Mine are stuck on and the basta##s failed me on it :angry1: :angry1: money grabing cnuts :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :new_2gunsfiring_v1:
[/quote]

You have to be kidding , must have been the short arse english pri*k that tested your car ?

Believe it or not it was a female tester from one of those countries that keep voting for each other in the eurovision!! I cant fathom how both my old man and brother could pass when both have stuck on plates! She pointed to the edge of my plate where it hangs out over the mounting point on the hawkeye, you know on either side of the rectangular piece? and said it should be screwed in there!!!! I'm fcuked if im gonna screw into my bumper......

It was in Arklow Andy.

I assume a visual retest costing nothing? But still a monumental pain the the ass that feckin NCT!

[quote author=Nic Spec C link=topic=32009.msg380990#msg380990 date=1329076038]
Believe it or not it was a female tester from one of those countries that keep voting for each other in the eurovision!! I cant fathom how both my old man and brother could pass when both have stuck on plates! She pointed to the edge of my plate where it hangs out over the mounting point on the hawkeye, you know on either side of the rectangular piece? and said it should be screwed in there!!!! I'm fcuked if im gonna screw into my bumper......

It was in Arklow Andy.
[/quote]

i'll cut the heads off two screws and stick them to the plate , would look right at least

Indeed it is, but failed on emissions for 2nd time even with cat back in place, first time I failed on emissions, headlights focus and plates being illegal, I'm going to stick in some diptane and get it checked in a local garage and see what happens, plates are staying as is! I'll scan both test sheets and get them up tomorrow and see if anyone has a solution.

@Tommy your a devious hure :grin: i might chance that :shhh:

Thats a load of bollox nicky, they cant do that.. Here's the manual: http://www.ncts.ie/pdf/nctmanual.pdf

Page 1 is registration plates, absolutely nothing about having to have them screwed in. They have to be secure but they can be secure with double sided tape as I've had a few cars pass like that.

:thumbsup: nice one Robbie, going to stick up the test sheets results in members section, sorry for ruining your thread TomBo :doh:

Pricks that drive around in traffic with their high beams and/or foglights on..

Pricks who drive around with their front fogs on but no headlghts...

TOOLS!!!!!!!!! :sucks:

:angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=32009.msg381164#msg381164 date=1329166005]

[/quote]
throw in the ones who drive at night with no lights at all my personal favourite and something that is happening more and more

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=32009.msg381242#msg381242 date=1329205962]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=32009.msg381164#msg381164 date=1329166005]

[/quote]
throw in the ones who drive at night with no lights at all my personal favourite and something that is happening more and more

[/quote]

This winds me up no end...all new cars should be fitted with light sensors

Back