Wheel Nuts

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
at the show i dunboyne i spied a sexy set of royal blue "d2" styled whel nuts which i think were on alovely p1 . and am lookin into gettin some as myne are poor . but ive had one lad tell me there not great and can be a cnut to get off . any views on this or can anyone reccommend which ones would suit my jdm 02 sti ??

thanks in advance !

:subaru:

They are aluminium wheel nuts if i'm not mistaken Ross. Under load, those type have been known to strip the threads and then bye bye wheel, and with you already using spacers, you are holding the wheel on with less threads now as well so means its even weaker again. They are alright for getting on and off but the aluminium is soft so the first time you need to remove them, they are going to mark straight away.

Rota do coloured steel wheel nuts (black, red or blue) and while the external drive ones are not very durable (paint finish wise), I've heard great things about the internal drive ones as they have a load of splines inside which splits the load moe evenly and leaves the nut relatively unscathed when putting on or removing :thumbsup:

I had those nuts on my 01 and yes they are light but thats the idea really. I had no problems with them but I was gentle and air guns are not an option.

@dohc , iv rota grids 18x9.5 , prefer the one in my link tbh , look that bit fancier (if that makes sense) !

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=31531.msg362114#msg362114 date=1315298349]
at the show i dunboyne i spied a sexy set of royal blue "d2" styled whel nuts which i think were on alovely p1 . and am lookin into gettin some as myne are poor . but ive had one lad tell me there not great and can be a cnut to get off . any views on this or can anyone reccommend which ones would suit my jdm 02 sti ??

thanks in advance !

:subaru:
[/quote]

il try and dig out the receipt for these,i got them part of gb on scoobyireland

Back