Tiling Question

fibre cement board you mean as above chadwicks maybe have a sheet if you need anymore it's special order nobody stocking anything now days .btw what you want it for,a red slab is fire rated and if it's for outside you'd be better off using wbp plywood :thumbs up:

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=30521.msg352956#msg352956 date=1305574657]
fibre cement board you mean as above chadwicks maybe have a sheet if you need anymore it's special order nobody stocking anything now days .btw what you want it for,a red slab is fire rated and if it's for outside you'd be better off using wbp plywood :thumbs up:
[/quote]

No it is durock cement board im looking! im tiling onto plywood and was told not to tile straight onto wood get durock cement board and tile on that

i am a tiler, Tile experts ltd is my company, yes you can tile on plywood but you need to use polybond on it first, wait for it to dry then tile.

the cement board your talking about is called hardy backer board, which is made of concrete and fibre, chadwicks do not sell it nor do brooks, but there is a place here in dublin citywest that supply it and manufacture it, but irish tilers do not use it. ill see if i can locate them for you, i have there number somewhere,.

no bother tiling straight onto plywood once its well screwed, as above use polybond to seal it and use one part flexible wall/floor adhesive( about 25 yo yos a 20kg bag) and ull be grand :thumbsup:
using it for years and never had any problems with it.....

Back