Verified by Visa

scoobymick

Octane Boostaholics
Has anyone come across this reciently when trying to purchase something online :dontknow:

Have been trying to buy and i get transaction failed as my card is not "Verified by Visa" and got a email giving me a link to a site to do so.

Site seems fine from what i can see but links to sites asking for card details just seems wrong to me.

:sucks:

that is real its been around for about 2-3yrs now! what it is for is putting a password on your Credit Card say if your not using paypal. so when you order for something that you have to put your card details in, it will bring you to the Verified by Visa and asks you for the password. Without the password you cant complete the order.

The 1st time it will ask you for your Credit Limit, DOB and what your password will be!

if your unsure just ring AIB while you fill it out.

Just to add to that........ EVERYONE that orders stuff online should be using PayPal as your 1st choice of payment!

As above

When I use mine I get a message something like that (not verified by wife) and gives her phone number :wall:

that clears that up so :thumbsup:
spot on with the paypal :clap:
never used it until i had to for club membership :subaru:
since then ive been a paypal junkie :icon_biggrin:

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=30448.msg352268#msg352268 date=1305150459]
that is real its been around for about 2-3yrs now! what it is for is putting a password on your Credit Card say if your not using paypal. so when you order for something that you have to put your card details in, it will bring you to the Verified by Visa and asks you for the password. Without the password you cant complete the order.

The 1st time it will ask you for your Credit Limit, DOB and what your password will be!

if your unsure just ring AIB while you fill it out.

Just to add to that........ EVERYONE that orders stuff online should be using PayPal as your 1st choice of payment!
[/quote]

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=30448.msg352269#msg352269 date=1305150513]
When I use mine I get a message something like that (not verified by wife) and gives her phone number :wall:
[/quote]

:roll: brilliant!!

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=30448.msg352269#msg352269 date=1305150513]
As above

[/quote]

:lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint:

Back