any 1 using whey protein

[quote author=johnooo link=topic=30412.msg352199#msg352199 date=1305128203]
i found usn bad as it went on my gut but started using maximuscle promax and think it great for training but chris wud love to get help from u as you no what the right way to go bout eating and training so if you could help as before wud love some real help and info
[/quote] no problem mate :thumbsup: but would have to be next week due to my exams. usn is a great product for power and endurance i found but i do quiet alot of fitness training aswell so i didnt notice any gains to my stomach. I have used promax in the past found it expensive as it only last about 2-3weeks but it is a great product like all maximuscle products. Im just about to start a tub of optimal nutrition gold standard whey protein. looking forward to see how that compares to usn as its won awards for best protein supplement for the past 5 years. what would be your goal man to build lean muscle, power, size, trim up and do you do much activity.

[quote author=chris139ryan link=topic=30412.msg352219#msg352219 date=1305138092]
i found usn bad as it went on my gut but started using maximuscle promax and think it great for training but chris wud love to get help from u as you no what the right way to go bout eating and training so if you could help as before wud love some real help and info
[/quote] no problem mate :thumbsup: but would have to be next week due to my exams. usn is a great product for power and endurance i found but i do quiet alot of fitness training aswell so i didnt notice any gains to my stomach. I have used promax in the past found it expensive as it only last about 2-3weeks but it is a great product like all maximuscle products. Im just about to start a tub of optimal nutrition gold standard whey protein. looking forward to see how that compares to usn as its won awards for best protein supplement for the past 5 years. what would be your goal man to build lean muscle, power, size, trim up and do you do much activity.
[/quote]

Let us know how you get on with the ON dude. Friend has it the last week and said he's been seeing results since day 3 in comparison to Cyclone & ProGain by Maximuscle and a couple smaller branded supplements.

[quote author=Bonito link=topic=30412.msg352233#msg352233 date=1305144277]
[quote author=chris139ryan link=topic=30412.msg352219#msg352219 date=1305138092]
[/quote]

Let us know how you get on with the ON dude. Friend has it the last week and said he's been seeing results since day 3 in comparison to Cyclone & ProGain by Maximuscle and a couple smaller branded supplements.
[/quote] does he say its better than cyclone. thats prob the most powerful supplement i've ever been on and felt a difference in size and strenght in the first few days of using it. cant wait to see how the optimum nutrition goes. I'm starting it tomorrow and i'll let you no how it goes :thumbsup:

He says his recovery can be a bit ropey in comparison to the cyclone but for lean mass and strength he said it's far better and he thinks it tastes nicer. I suggested he take Creatine capsules with it and see if his recovery process picks back up but he was born with only one kidney so doesn't want to take anymore than one supplement.

He was taking a different whey before the ON pure whey and he said he was gettin' cramps in his back/kidneys because of it but they stopped when he start using the ON.

I was impressed with cyclone when I 1st used it but I'll try a couple of brands before I settle. I'll be trying the ON Gold Whey with their Creatine, Glutamine & Taurine capsules next.

Both of them work out not much more than what a tub of Cyclone costs.

[quote author=Bonito link=topic=30412.msg352281#msg352281 date=1305151516]
He says his recovery can be a bit ropey in comparison to the cyclone but for lean mass and strength he said it's far better and he thinks it tastes nicer. I suggested he take Creatine capsules with it and see if his recovery process picks back up but he was born with only one kidney so doesn't want to take anymore than one supplement.

He was taking a different whey before the ON pure whey and he said he was gettin' cramps in his back/kidneys because of it but they stopped when he start using the ON.

I was impressed with cyclone when I 1st used it but I'll try a couple of brands before I settle. I'll be trying the ON Gold Whey with their Creatine, Glutamine & Taurine capsules next.

[/quote]with the on gold whey there is added glutamine so you dont need to spend extra on the capsules. as with the taurine you can get it naturally from place and albacore tuna. they have the highest level of taurine of any food per 100g so that might save you a bit of money.
im glad you no the main benefit of creatine is recovery it really annoys me when people think it makes you big as soon as you start taking it. I would be careful with the creatine caps unless you know they are top quality. I was on maximuscle creatamax and had no side effects at all but i tried caps from a different brand and within a half an hour my heart really started to hurt me and i started getting heart palpitations, so just be careful when going for them. As far as i no if you eat tuna some how a bi-product of tuna is broken down into creatine so with that and the natural creatine your body already produces you should be grand recovery wise if your eating enough to match the activity your doing.
I found that with some products especially progain extreme, you need a really strong stomach with that.
if you havent tried usn pure protein id really recommend it but be careful with dosage wise as if you even take a little too much it can have negative effects on your stomach.

[quote author=chris139ryan link=topic=30412.msg352288#msg352288 date=1305153556]
[quote author=Bonito link=topic=30412.msg352281#msg352281 date=1305151516]

[/quote]with the on gold whey there is added glutamine so you dont need to spend extra on the capsules. as with the taurine you can get it naturally from place and albacore tuna. they have the highest level of taurine of any food per 100g so that might save you a bit of money.
im glad you no the main benefit of creatine is recovery it really annoys me when people think it makes you big as soon as you start taking it. I would be careful with the creatine caps unless you know they are top quality. I was on maximuscle creatamax and had no side effects at all but i tried caps from a different brand and within a half an hour my heart really started to hurt me and i started getting heart palpitations, so just be careful when going for them. As far as i no if you eat tuna some how a bi-product of tuna is broken down into creatine so with that and the natural creatine your body already produces you should be grand recovery wise if your eating enough to match the activity your doing.
I found that with some products especially progain extreme, you need a really strong stomach with that.
if you havent tried usn pure protein id really recommend it but be careful with dosage wise as if you even take a little too much it can have negative effects on your stomach.
[/quote]

Never tried Creatamax, what's in it?

I'll give the ON a go 1st because my last one was bollox, got feck all results for what should have been in the product. Only thing is I don't like supplements that are thick & creamy when you mix them. That's why I liked Cyclone. Mixed really easy, went down easy and I saw results.

ON also do Creatine caps. They should be fine as there's only 2.5g of creatine per capsule.

I hear ya about the strong stomach. I got a bit of reflux sometimes with the one I'm nearly finished. Wont be finishing it though as it's rubbish. It's really really heavy aswell even if ya mix it with twice as much water.

Not sure wats in it but it's the strongest creatine on the Market. U can get it in powder as well and it mixes really well only bad thing is the price in the shops. Your looking at bout 70 quid for 1100g of it. If u only wanted it for recovery and not size it wud last a while so long as u only used it after exercise but for building up u need to do a loading phase. The tub will be gone in like 6 days. It's really just to give u that kick start u need and u use protein or cyclone or the likes to maintain the growth. I noticed a difference in 1 day. If u shop around on the net u can get it for 44.99 which is good. Check out discountsupplements.ie it's where I get all my stuff and I save a fortune, very quick delievery. I'd say I'll never get supplements in a shop again

well chris looking for lean muscle and toning have been doing weights now for bout 5 years but in galway and hard to get real help and info bout diet when to eat but go running and weight training but not heavy weights, not really looking to build up i'd be more looking for definition on what i have, im near 14st and i no if i lost body fat i'd be were i want to be

[quote author=chris139ryan link=topic=30412.msg352300#msg352300 date=1305159105]
Not sure wats in it but it's the strongest creatine on the Market. U can get it in powder as well and it mixes really well only bad thing is the price in the shops. Your looking at bout 70 quid for 1100g of it. If u only wanted it for recovery and not size it wud last a while so long as u only used it after exercise but for building up u need to do a loading phase. The tub will be gone in like 6 days. It's really just to give u that kick start u need and u use protein or cyclone or the likes to maintain the growth. I noticed a difference in 1 day. If u shop around on the net u can get it for 44.99 which is good. Check out discountsupplements.ie it's where I get all my stuff and I save a fortune, very quick delievery. I'd say I'll never get supplements in a shop again
[/quote]

Cheers! Berocca is cheaper there too so bought some aswell. Gave your email as my reference aswell so you might get a few points on your account. :thumbsup:

[quote author=johnooo link=topic=30412.msg352306#msg352306 date=1305186424]
well chris looking for lean muscle and toning have been doing weights now for bout 5 years but in galway and hard to get real help and info bout diet when to eat but go running and weight training but not heavy weights, not really looking to build up i'd be more looking for definition on what i have, im near 14st and i no if i lost body fat i'd be were i want to be
[/quote]

have a read of this ..the truth about lean muscle http://www.sendspace.com/file/39aqpq

Got my Optimum nutrition yesterday. I went with Double rich chocolate. Has to be the lightest and nicest tasting supplement I've ever had. Now we'll see if we get the results.

I dunno how I'm not huge, I have McDonalds at least 5 times a week (Don't eat the fries though) on top of my normal diet of breaky and dinner everyday and my weight stays the same unless I'm using protein supplements. In saying that, my fitness levels took a nose dive but back up to peak now after some hard work in the gym. :icon_headbang:

[quote author=Bonito link=topic=30412.msg352541#msg352541 date=1305358611]
Got my Optimum nutrition yesterday. I went with Double rich chocolate. Has to be the lightest and nicest tasting supplement I've ever had. Now we'll see if we get the results.

I dunno how I'm not huge, I have McDonalds at least 5 times a week (Don't eat the fries though) on top of my normal diet of breaky and dinner everyday and my weight stays the same unless I'm using protein supplements. In saying that, my fitness levels took a nose dive but back up to peak now after some hard work in the gym. :icon_headbang:
[/quote]i got the tropical punch optimum nutrition one and its gank but il finish it anyway see how my results are but iv another tub of usn pure protein chocolate so if i cant handle the tropical stuff il be grand

[quote author=chris139ryan link=topic=30412.msg352590#msg352590 date=1305390522]
[quote author=Bonito link=topic=30412.msg352541#msg352541 date=1305358611]

[/quote]i got the tropical punch optimum nutrition one and its gank but il finish it anyway see how my results are but iv another tub of usn pure protein chocolate so if i cant handle the tropical stuff il be grand
[/quote]

A quick google would have told ya tropical punch & strawberry are the worst tasting ones they make. :D

Back