any 1 using whey protein

gersti

Petrolheads
as above any1 using this starting on it as i wanna build up a little bit was reccommended this jus wondering any1 else using this or any info on this :thumbsup:

I take it twice a day but not for building muscle. I use it as part of a diet plan.

All the lads in the barracks that are serious about their weights us it with out exception. It's a must. Its the basic building blocks for muscle building and repair.

twice a day i wasn sure starting it 2moro so twice or 3 times be plenty im gonna start buildin a little bit of muscle

It is great stuff but get the sugar free one definitely. The sugary one bulks you up because the muscle takes on so much water but its not lean mass so of no use to you. Also means as soon as you stop training for a few days, it all turns to fat/water weight. I used to use it back when I played Rugby to help bulk up. It's absolutely brilliant for muscle repair and its also like a full meal in a glass too, take it in the morning and you won't be hungry till near dinner.

Twice a day is more than enough unless you are getting into some serious weight training.

It's also great for keeping your energy levels up. I remember before I started taking it, I was knackered the whole time because the training was taking a lot out of me.
You also need to ensure that you get plenty of rest too........or you'll be knackered anyway...!

What brand are you using?

I've used Optimum nutrition, Cyclone and Reflex - One Stop.

Reflex was sh*t. Cyclone was quite good but as Robbie says with the sugar, it's quick gains and quick losses.

Optimum Nutrition I'd highly recommend but make sure to get the Gold Standard Pure whey - Sugar Free. Vanilla Ice Cream tastes nicest in my opinion.

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=30412.msg351628#msg351628 date=1304897237]
where can it be bought???
any links??

[/quote]

Where are ya living/working? Feel free to PM.

I know there's a stockist in Swords on the main street beside Centra up at Permanent TSB and then there's one in Drogheda in the Town Centre. Both stock Optimum Nutrition but the one in Drogheda doesn't have much Maximuscle.

Holland & Barret can be quite expensive for anything that isn't their own brand.

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=30412.msg351639#msg351639 date=1304901152]
i'll have a look in drogheda town centre tomorrow mate.....karma for you!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Not scotch hall now, the one over at the Haymarket car park and Subway. He's where the old Ice-Cream and sweet shop used to be. He definitely had the Gold Standard pure whey in during the week because my friend just got a tub during the week. Think his prices are good too. :thumbsup:

usn is top quality. So is phd nutrition pharma whey. Just be careful not to take more than 30g protein at any time as Its all the body can synthesis at any one time. The rest is whizzed down the toilet

Have a look at discountsupplements online I use them and they are very good and cheap. I got the Usn pure protein from them for 44.99. It's like 64.99 in holland and barrets. They have all the tops brands.

You can get all the protein you need from your diet..Tuna, Chicken even peanuts..as Kbox said above you can only process around 30g of protein at at time for an average person...so until you actually pack on some muscle mass, a supplement is not much use to you...personally I would start with adding extra chicken and tuna to my diet and as you begin to work out you body will become more efficient and better able to process proteins, then you can add the supplements.

If you only want to build up a bit then try the kinetic complete. I take that over the winter before the whey protein. They also do a thing called oat gain which is designed to bulk you up. I have used alot over the past few years. It all depends on what sport you are doin and how you react to each product. I would always mix mine with water aswell. I find mixing it with milk leaves me bloated. But you will find out what product suits you as ya try different ones. On my Gaelic team guys are using a variety of stuff. I like the USn products. They do a very good recovery powder for after sessions.

kinetica completes is a good one as said above. Have used it myself and would definitely recommend it. Irish company as well

Back