What did you do to your car today?

got loads of goodies in the post today to keep me busy over the weekend

DSCF6167.jpg

DSCF6168.jpg

DSCF6160.jpg

DSCF6162.jpg

DSCF6163.jpg

passed the 100,000 mile mark in my car this morning, almost 10 years to the day since it put up its first mile!

went to change a fog light bulb on the legacy, both bolts snapped :doh: tried drilling the bolts out, broke a couple of bits!! must head out and get a couple of self tappers, talk about making a simple job hard!!!!

Had the day off work today and i got bored so i did some work on the car,

1st off i did the brakes, im just going to do a slide show of pics so here goes

before i started

DSCF6170.jpg

these 2 are just to show how bad the discs where

DSCF6175.jpg

DSCF6180.jpg

now any other car i did brakes on it was just a matter of giving the disc a slap of a hammer and off it comes....... but not with these it was like they where welded on, so i used a bolt from my rad bracket and sent it on in to push the disc off

DSCF6184.jpg

DSCF6182.jpg

and this is what was behind it

DSCF6185.jpg

i gave it all a sand down and i quick spray of copper grease

DSCF6186.jpg

now the new disc is on and i also gave the caliper a quick sand down and clean and painted them up, i had a decal kit i got off ebay so while the paint was still tacky i put it on

DSCF6187.jpg

DSCF6194.jpg

DSCF6197.jpg

and the finished job

DSCF6199.jpg

in between letting coats of paint dry i put in the new headlights and they really changed the front of the car, dont mind the splitter it's getting binned when i get the new one

scoobywork060.jpg

scoobywork062.jpg

scoobywork063.jpg

Removed the turbo to drill out and re tap one of the downpipe studs that broke off last feb.Noticed only 2 nuts holding on turbo instead of 3 and
1 nut missing off up pipe bracket and clamp holding intake hose to turbo was loose.Refit everything nuts and bolts and fitted new toyosport bellmouth
dp and put the nurspec r back on after 4 months hanging on the wall.Dont know is the dp ment for newage as it seems to be about 3-4" longer than it
should be and the ba*tard hole for the lambda is in the 10 o clock position on top of the pipe and cant be fitted with the master cylinder?????
O well tomorrow is another day :subaru:

Back