What did you do to your car today?

Haha, it’s as low as it’s possible on Eibach springs. Keep in mind that this photo was taken 30s after taking it off lift so probably didn’t settled yet :) there will be no coil overs in this car, for sure:)
To every solution there is problem or was it vice a versa ????

Gave her some love time by plastidipping wheels.
Here is a photo before (while preparing wheels):
b9ba0b7f2efba8d6167a354d905432ad.jpg

And here is final result. 8 coats of gold Matt plastidip and 3 coats of shine lacquer on top of it.
Not ideal as it was my first time plastisipping anything but I am more than happy with result. Took me whole day today to get it done.
90c930eb211200fb5455efc8ec20347d.jpg

I was always a bit unsure of gold and silver... looks good tho to be honest!
What's it like in person?
What's your paint code? 01G?

I've the same wheels, was thinking of changing them, now I'm in two minds lol

I was always a bit unsure of gold and silver... looks good tho to be honest!
What's it like in person?
What's your paint code? 01G?

I've the same wheels, was thinking of changing them, now I'm in two minds lol

Hi Eoin
Not sure about paint code, will have to check it on plate. Will let you know.
Iv seen gold on silver on sedan and was not too impressed, but as always, all depends on specific color and other factors. I think it looks good as back section is tinted, have roof rails etc. that gold come up nicely, was not expecting it to be SO gold. From factory it is gold matt, but I used clear coat on top of it and it is shining a bit after all.
Happy with final result.

I know but I couldn’t do it that way. My lock nuts on all wheels are made that if I will screw them in, they would rip plastidip off. That’s why all was done on car. But I hear what you are saying.
Thanks for kind words.

Looks great. Not much use to you now but for anyone else thinking of doing same and has a similar issue: when the last coat of plastidip goes on, put the wheel on the car and tighten the nuts and it will "cut" the plastidip flush and it won't peel. Plastidip is very versatile for cutting and shaping while the last coat is pliable.

IMG_20180915_205603.jpg
Just fitted this kenwood double din. Very happy with result

Attachments

• IMG_20180915_205603.jpg
    IMG_20180915_205603.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 148
Great shot

That reminds me need to finalise Calander comp wonder who won ?[emoji848][emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

IMG_20180925_164131.jpg
New gauge pod from scoobyworld

And steering wheel sent off for refurb

Attachments

• IMG_20180925_164131.jpg
    IMG_20180925_164131.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 70
Back