What did you do to your car today?

Wheels back on after wheel wizards did a savage job on them :thumbsup:
New long blue wheel nuts fitted.
New front splitter fitted.

Nearly ready for the show :subaru:

Spent the last few weekends working on the front of the car. I refitted the foglights, removed the winglets, polished the frontmount as i had it painted black, new front splitter, and roof vane spoiler, and a WR1 top grill, also have a new clutch kit and flywheel being fitted this week, arch's being rolled and new rear camber bolts being fitted for abit more stance

[quote author=Nic Spec C link=topic=30408.msg400753#msg400753 date=1341259717]
Taped up so as not to touch the rubbers or delicate areas with the DA polisher :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I have never polished my own car before. Do all these polish things are bad for rubber amd plastic parts? Or you just don't want to be cleaning them after?

[quote author=p1impreza link=topic=30408.msg400789#msg400789 date=1341306078]
its the polish/compound thats the prodlem as it will fade the rubber
[/quote]

aha, cheers lads. i will stay the feck away from all plastic. i got all this saturday and i cant use it... its pissing rain like always...

fa4f9a46.jpg

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=30408.msg400832#msg400832 date=1341340730]
dont be buying that stuff in halfords either
we have a trader on here cleancar.ie http://isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?board=116.0
and get your self some decent products :thumbsup:
[/quote]

i was in cork, so i said it - feck, i might as well pick up something. i know they are not cheapest, but meh. now i know where to get my stuff so! :thumbsup:

Refitted painted bumper and boot lid after painting the spoiler. Need to refit the skirts and put the spoiler back together, then back out for a wash and back in for machine polish. So much to do before Sunday!!!

[quote author=Nic Spec C link=topic=30408.msg400747#msg400747 date=1341259177]
Spent Saturday & Sunday getting her ready for the Terenure show :smile:

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0349.jpg

speccclean1.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

[/quote]

Doggie day spa? whats that all about? you have kennels there or something?

Got the roof vane/spoiler fitted today, the front end is that low with the splitter fitted i can't get out of my driveway, think i'll have to sell the house lol
sorry no pics of the splitter fitted

2012-07-05181856.jpg

Up till 2am getting the boot, roof and rear quarters polished. Still have the rest of the car to do, then onto the finishing stages. Gould be ready for sunday but cutting it fine!!

Finally got a decent fitting front lip for mine that didnt cost an arm and a leg and didn't need to be modified to fit, can of primer and satin black paint and it looks good on the car i think, had it sitting in work for the last few months until i finally got around to fitting it.

IMG_20120707_204025.jpg

IMG_20120707_204125.jpg

IMG_20120707_204132.jpg

IMG_20120707_204153.jpg

^^^^^^^^^definitely finishes off the front shame you have to put a reg plate on it looks class without :subaru:

fitted 2 new doors on mine as the old ones had way too many car park dings from previous owner swapped over all leather doorcards mirrors etc then forgot the obvious the key barrel ha just as well i have an alarm with central locking until i tackle it again :zzzz: :zzzz:

fitted new centre sectionin the search of more noise only to find out my nur spec wont bolt to it so i had to fit my quiet h&s back box for now untill i sell nur spec or weld on 2 1/2inch flange

going for full machine polish this week cant wait :icon_headbang:

Back