What did you do to your car today?

Raging. I was out in powerscourt gardening centre today and only noticed when i got home that some person scuffed the right rear bumper obviously when they were reversing and turning out. Noone there at the moment but i hope they have cameras there and that i can get a reg number. A very long shot. These things happen but have the deceny to leave your phone number as it will need a full respray and fill in job. Gutted.

So i rang the garden centre back this morning and again this afternoon. They are pretty confident that they have CCTV coverage in the area i parked, however they have not had a chance to have a look at the footage yet due to the person who is used to the system is not in today. He did say if they see something on the video he can only pass the video/reg number to the gardai. Not too sure of the process itself but how exactly does that work? Ring the local garda station and get them to get it then do they pass it onto the insurance company or direct to the owner of the car? Thanks for the help.

https://www.traceysolicitors.ie/en/data-access-request/

may help
id report to eniskerry garda station also id say
a a data access request is what you need i think and just be careful it doesent go to long as them may loop over recordings

Cheers colm. Yes i agree that garda station is ringing out but rang my local station and he said to file a report there that they would pass on. Just hoping they ring tomorrow saying there is something on the CCTV itself. If not then nothing can do.

Have read similar threads online of people chasing and then going nowhere due to slow response and the data been erased at that point so push as quick as you can to have any chance
get yourself a Dashcam with parking mode at some stage so it captures any accident etc. in the car when your away from it

so got a call back from the gardening centre but unfortunately they can see my car drive into car park but the trees cover where i parked exactly and also the car next to me. What can i do. I rang ricks car care in lusk who did work before and he quoted me €300 to remove fill and respray the rear bumper. He said not much they can do on prices any more as it all goes through nearys subaru next door. What is thoughts on that price?

Gar in delta paints rear bumper for 200 if i remember correctly
Great job and top bloke

Cheers for that. Will drop into him on the way home from work today to get a price. Gave him a call and he said depending on damage from 200 to 300 euro.

Gar in delta paints rear bumper for 200 if i remember correctly
Great job and top bloke

Went around the gar after work. He will do it for 220. He said will take the bumper off and the 2 rear spats i think they're called but he said they are hard to het back on as perfect. Out the door next week but maybe the week after. Lovely fella and pointed out all the small things that i didn't even notice myself.

Attachments

• IMG-20180708-WA0067.jpeg
    IMG-20180708-WA0067.jpeg
    948.4 KB · Views: 112
Put on a few genuine badges to spruce up the back of car
Come with guides too
a14e72d58f5099114ef4124c8967f05f.jpg
309fa0f9b149ab44580782a0ae41339f.jpg

Tidy Gary [emoji106], tommy your badge will be slightly different on hawk and late blobs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What did I do to my car today?

I gave it a bit of bashing around the track :icon_biggrin:

Last edited:
Back