What did you do to your car today?

Got a bit of a petrol smell in the car the other day ..on further inspection the fuel reg adaptor was leaking the old one was the wrong fit and was butchered to fit...it was on my to do list ..anyway popped down to Murray motorsport this morning picked up the propper one ...problem sorted
20180519_192121.jpg
20180519_192115.jpg

Attachments

• 20180519_192121.jpg
    20180519_192121.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 228
  • 20180519_192115.jpg
    20180519_192115.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 229
Got a bit of a petrol smell in the car the other day ..on further inspection the fuel reg adaptor was leaking the old one was the wrong fit and was butchered to fit...it was on my to do list ..anyway popped down to Murray motorsport this morning picked up the propper one ...problem sorted
View attachment 111084
View attachment 111085

I think it did man, previous owner upgraded the turbo to a vf28 and upgraded fuel pump and a few other bits and then ran into the same ECU issues as me. The other one was totaled as far as I know so this is the only SF5 STI in the country (as far as I know) I think there may be a Type-M manual around if it hasn’t been exported and I know there’s another type-m on its way from Japan as we speak there’s a few SG STI’s too but they’re rare enough beasts over here.

I think it’s it alright used to be two the same parked in garden the odd time remember behind him one day great pull out of it they were well minded always in top nick any time I seen them. used to be another lad Matt that was in isdc had a grey type r who I know he said he knew cars I think through club

Looks super Keith good to see another pair of hands to push the cleaning along in the back [emoji108]

I would say she got sold fast Keith.
When I came back for a better look and the car was gone :icon_biggrin:

Spent 6 hours on the wheel bearing. Hub nut would not budge - eventually, after a lot of blow torching, a 1 inch air impact for trucks moved it. More ballache pressing in and out bearings and when the hub went back on it was totally locked up. Think the hub is damaged and the bearing is spinning inside it. Wasted bloody day and now I need to hunt for a replacement hub.

To add insult to injury, I have to drive a micra until I sort it :icon_cry:

Spent 6 hours on the wheel bearing. Hub nut would not budge - eventually, after a lot of blow torching, a 1 inch air impact for trucks moved it. More ballache pressing in and out bearings and when the hub went back on it was totally locked up. Think the hub is damaged and the bearing is spinning inside it. Wasted bloody day and now I need to hunt for a replacement hub.

To add insult to injury, I have to drive a micra until I sort it :icon_cry:

You should start a blog for car you done a good bit of work be good to keep track of it I feel your pain too had a similar problem when doing rears.

Got my fuel tank back in and hard fuel pipes in too
qxwXolN.jpg

fupcTGA.jpg

Can anybody tell me if there is a rubber gasket between this and the car body i have one on the other side for the filler neck but not on this side
tRTJu2s.jpg

And cavity waxed the unreachable areas
fnLrgxn.jpg

Sub frame in, didn't want a too flash colour so just powder coated most silver thought it would look good against the black body
AfuplLv.jpg

yVb6LU7.jpg

Yeah i bought a little creeper for rolling around under it and it's been a gift and a pain in the arse on the uneven coblock drive

Fmic fitting...ill be a pro at removing the bumper soon lol

Attachments

• C2F76F25-AB5C-48CF-99C7-08A67536F49A.jpeg
    C2F76F25-AB5C-48CF-99C7-08A67536F49A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
  • B23FCC4E-C946-46B6-97DB-8FD8ABDCDDEA.jpeg
    B23FCC4E-C946-46B6-97DB-8FD8ABDCDDEA.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 67
Got a bit done this weekend small re furb before it goes back on the car. Not a great picture but you get an idea of how they look
6hhPMaN.jpg

Wire brushed them down and put bilt hamber hydrate on them
rEnPoyl.jpg

Then sprayed them with high temp black paint
zQD8T7C.jpg

New bushings pressed in, i made a ghetto rig from threaded rod and nuts and washers i found in work. also cool table ornament in the back there.
la3VpRc.jpg

Ready to go back on the car
mHFFOi5.jpg

Back