What did you do to your car today?

Standard pistons are what caused the last problems (ringlands ) and your putting standard ones back in again :ponder2: . That’s not a very wise move . You have the engine opened up a 50k you will Be opening again in another 50 . Uprated or forged pistons are the way to go .

If I install updated or forged pistons that would void my extended warranty, and I have the warranty till next year so if I have any issues with the engine again the next step would be after market pistons and I’ll carry the job with the service center again. I doubt that I’ll be having any problems with this engine the car is stock to be honest and I’m really surprised how would that happen at 50,000 km I’ll just have to wait and see for myself the mechanic at the dealership says that the new pistons are stronger and he had no issues with them only that one customer who was abusing his car rallying and drifting in it, he had removed his cat back exhaust and had it rolling with a mid + down pipe and he really abused it which lead his rod connectors to fail this has lead him to have the engine rebuilt for a second time (after he broke the first engine) I will not however be fiddling with anything even the boost levels I’ll keep them the same so I doubt that I’ll be rebuilding the engine again (fingers crossed) but if I do I’ll be getting after marked forged pistons, rod etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I get you :thumbsup: don’t suppose they would put forged ones in and say they were standard :icon_grin: how well do you know them :icon_grin:.
Ye your caught with the warranty all right but hopefully all will be ok. Best of luck :thumbsup:

I think they would be able to carry out such a job, but it’s not about how well I know them it’s about how well I’m going to grease them up with a few quid, having that said, I actually am planning on having her for the long term not thinking of changing my car anytime soon or selling it, but I will install after market parts if I face any other problem with the engine in the near or far future (hoping I don’t)

Finally after a lot of running around I have brembo brakes up front and new 17” Revs on the car before Xmas - I can finally use the brakes now lol
2d359c512b371a0f70c6d24258b05d80.jpg
f6bcd091c5f120507e5ee4eb736bb4e9.jpg
e6861e915f614e10c9935067fed89bee.jpg

Thanks Lads very Happy with them now
Yea new is the only way to go & Bridgestone tyres too.

Might drop when I replace back shocks as they are not the best but will do for now.

Thanks Lads very Happy with them now
Yea new is the only way to go & Bridgestone tyres too.

Might drop when I replace back shocks as they are not the best but will do for now.

Set of good springs or if you rob a bank go kyb or coilovers.

Don’t get me wrong your car looks top notch & looks fantastic!!!

All in good time pal.

Have mine over 9 years, still upgrading it! (Well think I am...)

Hard to beat a clean classic like yours, very few and far between.

Top Work!

Set of good springs or if you rob a bank go kyb or coilovers.

Don’t get me wrong your car looks top notch & looks fantastic!!!

All in good time pal.

Have mine over 9 years, still upgrading it! (Well think I am...)

Hard to beat a clean classic like yours, very few and far between.

Top Work!

Nice one pal its amazing how a set of wheels can do for a car ! it’s all about making time isn’t it,I if I could get a set of bilsteins it would look the bollix!

Nice one pal its amazing how a set of wheels can do for a car ! it’s all about making time isn’t it,I if I could get a set of bilsteins it would look the bollix!

Yeah! I bought those wheels 8 years ago for 100 yo yo a piece.
Bought 3 sets.
I’ve a set.
My mate has grey set on his cosworth.
Scoobysub has the last set now.

Tough wheel, I’ve yet to meet a pot hole stronger!!!!!
Nobody had them back then, great to see my idea is still popular in 2017/18

Anyway all mods take time unless you are rolling in it!! :)

They are a timeless wheel perfect finish on most Imprezas!
More pics to follow car due a good valet tomorrow [emoji87]

took the vrs in for it's first service .
taxed it as well .

less than 400 for both . cheap motoring for the year

Back