What did you do to your car today?

getting k sport calipers sprayed

they were blue

2012-04-14201916.jpg

stripped back to the original colour

2012-04-21130850.jpg

going red :icon_headbang: one more coat tmw and k sport in black

ksport.jpg

Picked up my new engine from JP on Saturday with Simtek and other goodies :)

I had a very quick Ferrari-like engined Astra on the way back :icon_grin:

astrad.jpg

@Popsy

What did you use to strip the paint on the callipers to the original like that? :ponder2:

They were only painted with aerosols so when i put thinners and a wire brush to it it only stripped the aerosols not the original colour as thats powdercoated

[quote author=gar_bandit link=topic=30408.msg390553#msg390553 date=1334438106]
spent the morning with jp in ratoath getting me some shinney stuff, cheers jp :thumbsup:, then i went home and fitted them and me and bren555 fitted an RA roof hatch, grief but worth it in the end heres the results
[/quote]

Very nice Gar. How's the new engine going for ya?

Didn't know JP lived in Ratoath, never seen the car about. Was it off the road long before he started breaking it?

firsty excuse the dirt the car didnt get a wash in weeks but if its fine tmw ill do a full clean up :653:

fitted the 8 pots some nice stopping power now :wazzup:
2012-04-28184422.jpg

started to tidy up the engine bay ,not sure how far ill go with it but it will do for now

2012-04-28184644.jpg

The red/black combo looks fantastic :smokin: :thumbsup:

Engine bay looks tidy too, I'm liking the gold :thumbsup: .. You need some vinyl/rubber care for the hoses and it will really make a huge difference to the overall appeal of the bay :thumbsup:

Fitted a nokia ck 200 car kit.. night pic not great but you get the idea. The colour on the screen on the unit can be changed to suit your car.

CSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

didnt do anything to the car today coz shes still in the car capsule but i did drop off a set of bbs electra's to get soda blasted and powder coated in bbs sti gold :subaru:

bought a miltek centre section off a guy on scoobynet, decat is all i'm missing now , also hope to collect my arb and sti strut brace over the weekend as well , all i need to do then is order some droplinks , collect my new springs get them all fitted (ASD) and should be the handling tightened up nicely .

Nice mods Tommy :clap: :clap:

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=30408.msg392931#msg392931 date=1335907224]
bought a miltek centre section off a guy on scoobynet, decat is all i'm missing now , also hope to collect my arb and sti strut brace over the weekend as well , all i need to do then is order some droplinks , collect my new springs get them all fitted (ASD) and should be the handling tightened up nicely .
[/quote]

i'll be as happy as a pig in sh*t Colm once its all fitted and :pray: she never finds out how much it all costs :shhh: :whistle:

Put it up for sale and switched all the alarm sensors to level 32 so even a whisper sets it off. Currently pissing off the neighbours. :D

[quote author=Bonito link=topic=30408.msg391974#msg391974 date=1335391087]
Didn't know JP lived in Ratoath, never seen the car about. Was it off the road long before he started breaking it?
[/quote]

He doesn't but the car is been broken in Ratoath.

Fitted new front discs and pads that I got from godspeed brakes and tightened up the universial steering joint going onto the rack. Steering like the day it left the factory now :icon_grin:

Timing belt with fresh coolant
New Spark Plugs - NGK PFR7b's
Motul 15W50 Engine Oil change with new filter
Motul 75W90 Gear Oil change
Motul 75W140 LSD Rear Diff Oil change
Braided brake lines fitted
Braided hoses fitted
Motul RBF 600 Fluid in brakes and clutch

Back