What did you do to your car today?

AAA will be covering the job and that would be only the engine work, when I checked the clutch it was totaled the pads were barely visible and that’s another thing I’ll be paying for as AAA won’t cover along with a few other things so basically I’ll be reaching out for a bit of cash from my own pockets [emoji1304]the other weird thing is the car is stock and has been regularly serviced it only has 50000 km on the clock, the previous owner claims he had no idea that the car was in that shape and the dealership says that he used to regularly do service the vehicle including the major service. What do you guys reckon ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back. Im sorry to hear about your troubles. As much as l know the people on this shore. They rather abuse than cherish cars also climate is not ideal. On top of ringland being well recorder issue. Sounds like a lot of abuse for relevantly low miles car. Anyway l hope you get sorted :54: are you staying there long term or planinig to bring her home being lhd

No I will be coming back but not with her as I will not be covered in regards of insurance no insurer would insure a car that is driven on the left side ie steering is on the left. I was given an timeframe of around two weeks for the job to be done and I assume it will be around 20-30 days if they were missing a few parts, however I will updating you with the work that has been done to it every time I’m at the service center (you would be able to mooch around the workshop lol unlike Europe where it is not allowed and you only get to see what’s done behind a window or a door) so I’ll show you guys tomorrow the second piston hope you are all having a wonderful time in Ireland and I really do miss it !!!

From my experience the cars there are some value compare to Europe. So it wouldn't be a profit to bring it here and sell it? Lhd cars fetch higher value. Only thing over there they don't care about emissions so when brought here you need to pass special test or at least this is the way it is in Poland.

Depends on the garage and your relationship with where I go. I’m always wandering around garages.

Well in my case I was unable to get involved in any action in ie you are right though it all depends on the people you know [emoji106]

It depends on the service intervals really but 50k and it needs a clutch means he was doing a bit of rallying in it in his diary time :icon_grin:. And while the engine is out is the time to do it . Pads and discs are a wearable item so hard to tell really ,
hope your sorted soon :thumbsup:

Could have just been riding the clutch aswell. Some people don't realise they're doing it ever so slightly and over time it'll accelerate wear.

I know a woman who needed a clutch on her Pug every 50k or so because she was riding it. Garage said to her stop and she replied with "but that's how you're supposed to drive". :D

New RCM intake pipe/filter due today and ordered a new sparco wheel due here Wednesday.
Good few bits to fit over the holidays.

New power plant arrived today for the Scooby project and 2 other big parts of the project came on Saturday so this sh*t is getting real now and gone past the point of return between 1200 and 1400 hp to the wheels fully built race engine just awaiting on the gear box now for Friday she will be very different from the norm

Attachments

• 9D014B66-3FCD-4571-9F65-0E8E9B0D4E44.jpeg
    9D014B66-3FCD-4571-9F65-0E8E9B0D4E44.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 84
  • 0789E707-D1F6-4A9B-8995-31A1A680CB30.jpeg
    0789E707-D1F6-4A9B-8995-31A1A680CB30.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
New power plant arrived today for the Scooby project and 2 other big parts of the project came on Saturday so this sh*t is getting real now and gone past the point of return between 1200 and 1400 hp to the wheels fully built race engine just awaiting on the gear box now for Friday she will be very different from the norm

So going track car or drag?

Hope your not sticking on a podium...!!!

Be waste of power!

Good morning everyone
Hope this post finds everyone well
A quick update on my situation
I just was at the service center and the lads over here are boring the block as we speak (.25 mm) and by the end of the day it will be done and ready ( I installed the oem pistons) the next step after that cleaning all the engine parts and putting the engine together by this time next week (fingers crossed) the car would be ready to drive but I have to break in the engine for the next 1500 km - 1100 miles i would need about a month to break it in here are a few pictures I would like to share with you :)
cf5b33759db8cd75e9d3df8e62fb00ba.jpg

Standard pistons are what caused the last problems (ringlands ) and your putting standard ones back in again :ponder2: . That’s not a very wise move . You have the engine opened up a 50k you will Be opening again in another 50 . Uprated or forged pistons are the way to go .

Back